Britta M Thompson
Affiliation: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Medical students' perceptions of their teachers' and their own cultural competency: implications for educationBritta M Thompson
The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:S91-4. 2010....
- Ideals, activities, dissonance, and processing: a conceptual model to guide educators' efforts to stimulate student reflectionBritta M Thompson
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine Dean s Office, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Acad Med 85:902-8. 2010..However, little is known about the cognitive and/or emotional processes that occur when learners participate in activities designed to promote reflection. The purpose of this study was to identify and elucidate those processes...
- Following the clues: teaching medical students to explore patients' contextsBritta M Thompson
Office of Educational Development and Support, The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, United States
Patient Educ Couns 80:345-50. 2010..Physicians often overlook important contextual clues that patients give during an encounter. The objective of our study was to increase medical students' knowledge and skills in identifying contextual issues...
- Meeting the family: promoting humanism in gross anatomySheila M Crow
Department of Pediatrics, University of Oklahoma Tulsa School of Community Medicine, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135, USA
Teach Learn Med 24:49-54. 2012..Human dissection commonly occurs early in the undergraduate medical school curriculum, thus presenting an immediate opportunity for educators to teach and encourage humanistic qualities of respect, empathy, and compassion...
- The prevalence and practice of academies of medical educators: a survey of U.S. medical schoolsNancy S Searle
Department of Pediatrics, Academy of Distinguished Educators, Faculty Development and Recognition, Office of Undergraduate Medical Education, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Acad Med 85:48-56. 2010....