Stephen B Thomas
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Toward a fourth generation of disparities research to achieve health equityStephen B Thomas
Center for Health Equity, University of Maryland, College Park, 20742 2611, USA
Annu Rev Public Health 32:399-416. 2011..This new generation demands that we address the researcher's own biases as part of the research process...
- Characterizing researchers by strategies used for retaining minority participants: results of a national surveyJames Butler
University of Maryland, School of Public Health, Maryland Center for Health Equity and Department of Behavioral and Community Health, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Contemp Clin Trials 36:61-7. 2013..It provides critical information for conducting future research to determine the effectiveness of using a combination of retention strategies. ..
- Improving informed consent with minority participants: results from researcher and community surveysSandra Crouse Quinn
University of Maryland, College Park, MD20742, USA
J Empir Res Hum Res Ethics 7:44-55. 2012..With this approach, the informed consent process may increase both participants' comprehension of the material and overall satisfaction, fostering greater trust in research and openness to future research opportunities...
- Using quantile regression to examine health care expenditures during the Great RecessionJie Chen
Department of Health Services Administration, School of Public Health, University of Maryland, College Park, College Park, MD
Health Serv Res 49:705-30. 2014..To examine the association between the Great Recession of 2007-2009 and health care expenditures along the health care spending distribution, with a focus on racial/ethnic disparities...
- Attributes of researchers and their strategies to recruit minority populations: results of a national surveySandra Crouse Quinn
University of Maryland, School of Public Health, Maryland Center for Health Equity and Department of Family Science, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Contemp Clin Trials 33:1231-7. 2012..This study provides a novel description of how researcher attributes are related to their recruitment strategies and raises a number of future research questions to further examine the implications of this relationship...
- Breast and cervical screening by race/ethnicity: comparative analyses before and during the Great RecessionChristopher J King
Department of Health Services Administration, School of Public Health, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland Electronic address
Am J Prev Med 46:359-67. 2014..Traditionally, economic recessions have resulted in decreased utilization of preventive health services...