Affiliation: University of Texas
- Fitzgerald A, Peyton C, Dong J, Thomas P. Bisphenol A and Related Alkylphenols Exert Nongenomic Estrogenic Actions Through a G Protein-Coupled Estrogen Receptor 1 (Gper)/Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (Egfr) Pathway to Inhibit Meiotic Maturation of Zebrafish Oocytes. Biol Reprod. 2015;93:135 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that BPA and related alkylphenols disrupt zebrafish OM by a novel nongenomic estrogenic mechanism involving activation of the Gper/Egfr/Mapk3/1 pathway. ..
- Chourasia T, Pang Y, Thomas P. The catecholestrogen, 2-hydroxyestradiol-17beta, acts as a G protein-coupled estrogen receptor 1 (GPER/GPR30) antagonist to promote the resumption of meiosis in zebrafish oocytes. Biol Reprod. 2015;92:69 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the results suggest that 2-OHE2 functions as a GPER antagonist and promotes OM in zebrafish through blocking GPER-dependent E2 inhibition of the resumption of OM. ..
- Pang Y, Thomas P. Additive effects of low concentrations of estradiol-17? and progesterone on nitric oxide production by human vascular endothelial cells through shared signaling pathways. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;165:258-267 pubmed publisher..These in vitro findings suggest that low doses of E2 and P4 may also have some beneficial cardiovascular effects in vivo when administered as hormone replacement therapy (HRT) for post-menopausal women. ..
- Thomas P. Role of G-protein-coupled estrogen receptor (GPER/GPR30) in maintenance of meiotic arrest in fish oocytes. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;167:153-161 pubmed publisher..GPER is also present on murine oocytes but there are no reports of studies investigating its possible involvement in maintaining meiotic arrest in mammals. ..
- Thomas P, Pang Y, Dong J. Membrane androgen receptor characteristics of human ZIP9 (SLC39A) zinc transporter in prostate cancer cells: Androgen-specific activation and involvement of an inhibitory G protein in zinc and MAP kinase signaling. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2017;447:23-34 pubmed publisher..The results show ZIP9 is a specific Gi coupled-mAR mediating testosterone-induced MAP kinase and zinc signaling in PC3-ZIP9 cells. ..
- Thomas P, Converse A, Berg H. ZIP9, a novel membrane androgen receptor and zinc transporter protein. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2018;257:130-136 pubmed publisher..ZIP9 has a very broad tissue distribution and is predicted to mediate numerous and diverse nonclassical androgen actions in vertebrates. ..
- Thomas P. Reprint of "Role of G protein-coupled estrogen receptor (GPER/GPR30) in maintenance of meiotic arrest in fish oocytes". J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2018;176:23-30 pubmed publisher..GPER is also present on murine oocytes but there are no reports of studies investigating its possible involvement in maintaining meiotic arrest in mammals. ..
- Aizen J, Thomas P. Role of Pgrmc1 in estrogen maintenance of meiotic arrest in zebrafish oocytes through Gper/Egfr. J Endocrinol. 2015;225:59-68 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that maintenance of Pgrmc1 signaling is required for Egfr expression on zebrafish oocyte cell membranes and for conserving the functions of Egfr in maintaining meiotic arrest through estrogen activation of Gper. ..