Mark John Thomas
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Neuroplasticity in the mesolimbic dopamine system and cocaine addictionM J Thomas
Department of Neuroscience, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Br J Pharmacol 154:327-42. 2008..Finally, we speculate on how these factors may interact to initiate and sustain cocaine psychomotor sensitization and cocaine seeking...
- Synaptic plasticity in the mesolimbic dopamine systemMark J Thomas
Departments of Neuroscience and Psychology, and Institute of Human Genetics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 358:815-9. 2003....
- Morphine-induced c-fos mRNA expression in striatofugal circuits: modulation by dose, environmental context, and drug historySusan M Ferguson
Neuroscience Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1109, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:1664-74. 2004..We suggest that alterations in c-fos expression patterns in striatofugal circuits following morphine administration may be involved in drug-experience-dependent plasticity...
- Presynaptic contributions of chordin to hippocampal plasticity and spatial learningMu Sun
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Neurosci 27:7740-50. 2007..These results demonstrate that the BMP signaling pathway contributes to synaptic plasticity and learning likely through a presynaptic mechanism...
- Cocaine experience controls bidirectional synaptic plasticity in the nucleus accumbensSaid Kourrich
Department of Neuroscience, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Neurosci 27:7921-8. 2007..These enduring modifications in AMPAR-mediated responses and plasticity may provide a neural substrate for disrupted processing of drug-related stimuli in drug-experienced individuals...
- D1 dopamine receptor activation of NFAT-mediated striatal gene expressionRachel D Groth
Department of Neuroscience, University of Minnesota, 6 145 Jackson Hall, 321 Church Street, S E, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Eur J Neurosci 27:31-42. 2008..Collectively, these findings reveal a novel molecular pathway that may contribute to the enduring modifications in striatal functioning that occur following the administration of drugs of abuse...
- Functional disturbances in the striatum by region-specific ablation of NMDA receptorsNobuhisa Ohtsuka
Center for Systems Neurobiology, Department of Pharmacology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:12961-6. 2008..These results demonstrate that the NMDA receptor plays an essential role in the integration of dopamine signaling in the striatum and that is required in behavioral function...
- Synaptic Plasticity in Animal Models of AddictionMark Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2007..to drugs of abuse should provide crucial information necessary to make the link between drug-induced adaptations at the level of molecules and gene expression to those systems level adaptations that ultimately must underlie addiction ..
- Synaptic Plasticity in Animal Models of AddictionMark John Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..