Affiliation: University of Washington
- Integrating mental health and primary careStephen Thielke
Geriatric Mental Health Services, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Box 356560, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Prim Care 34:571-92, vii. 2007..Effective integration of mental health care into primary care requires systematic and pragmatic change that builds on the strengths of both mental health and primary care...
- Aging: Are these 4 pain myths complicating care?Stephen Thielke
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Fam Pract 61:666-70. 2012..Is pain a natural part of aging? Does "toughing it out" make pain more tolerable? Read on to see what the evidence really says regarding 4 common misconceptions about pain and aging...
- Persistence and remission of musculoskeletal pain in community-dwelling older adults: results from the cardiovascular health studyStephen M Thielke
Department of Psychiatry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 60:1393-400. 2012..To characterize longitudinal patterns of musculoskeletal pain in a community sample of older adults over a 6-year period and to identify factors associated with persistence of pain...
- Pain limits the effectiveness of collaborative care for depressionStephen M Thielke
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98115 6560, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 15:699-707. 2007..To ascertain the effects of baseline pain on depression outcomes in a collaborative care treatment trial of depression for older adults...
- Geriatric-focused educational offerings in the Department of Veterans Affairs from 1999 to 2009Stephen Thielke
Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, Puget Sound VA Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98108, USA
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 32:38-53. 2011....
- Age and sex trends in long-term opioid use in two large American health systems between 2000 and 2005Stephen M Thielke
University of Washington, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Pain Med 11:248-56. 2010..To estimate recent age- and sex-specific changes in long-term opioid prescription among patients with chronic pain in two large American Health Systems...
- Prevalence, incidence, and persistence of major depressive symptoms in the Cardiovascular Health StudyStephen M Thielke
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Aging Ment Health 14:168-76. 2010..To explore the association of major depressive symptoms with advancing age, sex, and self-rated health among older adults...
- Education partnerships between GRECCs and other VA organizations, Non-VA governmental agencies, academic medical centers, and centers of excellenceNina Tumosa
Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, St Louis VA Medical Center, Missouri 63125, USA
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 32:22-37. 2011....
- Dissemination strategies: the evolution of learning resources on the evaluation of delirium, dementia, and depressionKathy J Horvath
New England Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, Bedford, Massachusetts 01730, USA
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 32:80-92. 2011....
- Care management for depression and osteoarthritis pain in older primary care patients: a pilot studyJurgen Unutzer
University of Washington, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Seattle, WA, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 23:1166-71. 2008..To establish the feasibility of and to generate preliminary evidence for the efficacy of a care management program addressing both physical and emotional pain associated with late-life depression and osteoarthritis...
- How do health care providers perceive technologies for monitoring older adults?Hilaire J Thompson
School of Medicine at the University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2009:4315-8. 2009..Designers, developers, and researchers might improve the utility and uptake of health-related technologies for older adults and their families by eliciting the viewpoints of clinical providers...
- The influence of tray type and other variables on the palatal depth of casts made from irreversible hydrocolloid impressionsRichard P Frank
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7452, USA
J Prosthet Dent 87:15-22. 2002..There are conflicting data regarding the effect of various factors on the palatal depth of casts made from irreversible hydrocolloid impressions...
- Transitions among Health States Using 12 Measures of Successful Aging in Men and Women: Results from the Cardiovascular Health StudyStephen Thielke
Department of Psychiatry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA Geriatrics Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Puget Sound VA Medical Center and Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, P O Box 356560, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Aging Res 2012:243263. 2012..Discussion. The results suggest a qualitatively different experience of successful aging between men and women. Men did not simply "age faster" than women...
- Comparing years of healthy life, measured in 16 ways, for normal weight and overweight older adultsPaula Diehr
Department of Biostatistics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Obes 2012:894894. 2012..Conclusion. The "Overweight paradox" appears to hold for nonmortality outcomes. New adiposity standards are needed for older adults, possibly different by race and sex...