Ralf G Thiele
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Role of ultrasound and other advanced imaging in the diagnosis and management of goutRalf G Thiele
Department of Medicine, Allergy Immunology and Rheumatology Division, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 695, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 13:146-53. 2011..Tophi are closely related to the formation of erosions. If serum urate levels are lowered consistently below 6.0 mg/dL, the disappearance of MSU crystals can be observed sonographically...
- Ultrasonography applications in diagnosis and management of early rheumatoid arthritisRalf G Thiele
Allergy Immunology and Rheumatology Division, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 695, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 38:259-75. 2012..There is no evidence to suggest that problems with operator dependence would be greater than with other imaging modalities or physical examination, if performed by trained providers...
- Decreased influenza-specific B cell responses in rheumatoid arthritis patients treated with anti-tumor necrosis factorJames J Kobie
Division of Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 695, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R209. 2011..Therefore, we asked if short-term effector (d5-d10) and memory (1 month or later) B cell responses to antigen were compromised in RA patients treated with anti-TNF therapy...
- Diagnosis of gout by ultrasoundR G Thiele
Rheumatology Division, Department of Medicine Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ, USA
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:1116-21. 2007..To establish the usefulness of ultrasonography (US) for diagnosing gout and to determine whether there are sonographic features that are characteristic for gout but not for other arthropathies...
- Ultrasonography shows disappearance of monosodium urate crystal deposition on hyaline cartilage after sustained normouricemia is achievedRalf G Thiele
Rheumatology Division, Department of Medicine, Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ, USA
Rheumatol Int 30:495-503. 2010..Sonographic changes of gout correlate with SU levels and may be a non-invasive means to track changes in the uric acid pool. Larger prospective studies are needed to further assess these potentially important findings...