Dawn L Thatcher
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Alcohol, psychological dysregulation, and adolescent brain developmentDuncan B Clark
Pittsburgh Adolescent Alcohol Research Center, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 32:375-85. 2008..This article will describe some of the opportunities contemporary neuroimaging techniques offer for advancing understanding of adolescent neurodevelopment and alcohol involvement...
- Cardiovascular risk factors in adolescents with alcohol use disordersDawn L Thatcher
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Int J Adolesc Med Health 18:151-7. 2006..Interventions focusing on health behaviors in conjunction with addiction treatment might help improve long-term health outcomes in adolescents with AUDs...
- Adolescent alcohol use disorders predict adult borderline personalityDawn L Thatcher
Pittsburgh Adolescent Alcohol Research Center PAARC, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, USA
Addict Behav 30:1709-24. 2005..This study investigated adolescent alcohol use disorders (AUDs) and other characteristics as predictors of adult borderline personality disorder (BPD) symptoms...
- Supervisory neglect and adolescent alcohol use disorders: effects on AUD onset and treatment outcomeDuncan B Clark
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Addict Behav 30:1737-50. 2005..Utilizing a four-item supervision scale, this study identified adolescents with inadequate supervision, and examined effects on AUD development and treatment outcome...
- Psychological dysregulation, white matter disorganization and substance use disorders in adolescenceDuncan B Clark
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA edu
Addiction 107:206-14. 2012..This study compared adolescents with SUD and control adolescents to investigate relationships among psychological dysregulation, WM disorganization and SUD symptoms...
- Exploratory factor analysis of two measures of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) symptoms in a non-clinical sample of college studentsDawn L Thatcher
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, 3811, O Hara St, Oxford Bldg 800, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Anxiety Disord 19:904-14. 2005..Notably, non-clinical samples tended to report fewer social and occupational dysfunction than clinical samples predominantly utilized in PTSD research. Implications for use of these instruments in screening samples are discussed...
- Child abuse and other traumatic experiences, alcohol use disorders, and health problems in adolescence and young adulthoodDuncan B Clark
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, 3811 O Hara Street, Pittsburgh, PA 1521, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 35:499-510. 2010..We prospectively examined the health effects of child abuse and other traumatic events, with objective health indicators and consideration of alcohol use disorders (AUD)...
- Gender differences in the relationship between white matter organization and adolescent substance use disordersDawn L Thatcher
University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 110:55-61. 2010..These findings suggest that the disruption of normal white matter development due to substance exposure may be more severe in females than in males...
- Adolescent neglect and alcohol use disorders in two-parent familiesDuncan B Clark
University of Pittsburgh, USA
Child Maltreat 9:357-70. 2004..Among adolescents receiving treatment for AUDs, those in the Neglect group showed more improvement during a 1-year follow-up period. The results indicate that inadequate parent involvement may be a form of neglect...
- Prefrontal cortex, thalamus, and cerebellar volumes in adolescents and young adults with adolescent-onset alcohol use disorders and comorbid mental disordersMichael D De Bellis
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 29:1590-600. 2005....