April D Thames
Affiliation: University of California
- Medication and finance management among HIV-infected adults: the impact of age and cognitionApril D Thames
UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90024
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 33:200-9. 2011....
- The role of HIV infection, cognition, and depression in risky decision-makingApril D Thames
Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 24:340-8. 2012..Depression partially mediated the relationship between executive functioning and gambling performance. Our findings suggest that HIV infection, executive dysfunction, and depression place individuals at risk for poor decision-making...
- Functional disability in medication management and driving among individuals with HIV: a 1-year follow-up studyApril D Thames
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 35:49-58. 2013....
- Symptoms as mediators of the relationship between neurocognition and functional outcome in schizophrenia: a meta-analysisJoseph Ventura
UCLA Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6968, USA
Schizophr Res 113:189-99. 2009..The high degree of intercorrelation among all of these variables leaves unclear whether neurocognition has a direct effect on functional outcome or whether that relationship to functional outcome is partially mediated by symptoms...
- Neurocognitive functioning in HIV-1 infection: effects of cerebrovascular risk factors and ageJessica Foley
UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, Los Angeles, CA 90095 8353, USA
Clin Neuropsychol 24:265-85. 2010..The cognitive impact of risk appears to be more pronounced in the absence of adequate pharmacological treatment...
- Disorganization and reality distortion in schizophrenia: a meta-analysis of the relationship between positive symptoms and neurocognitive deficitsJoseph Ventura
UCLA Department of Psychiatry, 300 Medical Plaza, Room 2243, Los Angeles CA 90095 6968, United States
Schizophr Res 121:1-14. 2010..Although some studies have found that disorganization is more strongly linked to neurocognitive deficits and poor functional outcomes than reality distortion, the findings are not always consistent...
- Basal ganglia structures differentially contribute to verbal fluency: evidence from Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)-infected adultsApril D Thames
UCLA School of Medicine, 760 Westwood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90024, United States
Neuropsychologia 50:390-5. 2012..We examined BG integrity in relation to lexico-semantic verbal fluency performance among older HIV infected adults...