James M Tesoriero
Affiliation: University at Albany
- Faith communities and HIV/AIDS prevention in New York State: results of a statewide surveyJ M Tesoriero
New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute, Office of Program Evaluation and Research, Menands 12204, USA
Public Health Rep 115:544-56. 2000....
- Smoking among HIV positive New Yorkers: prevalence, frequency, and opportunities for cessationJames M Tesoriero
Office of Program Evaluation and Research AIDS Institute, New York State Department of Health, Menands, NY 12204, USA
AIDS Behav 14:824-35. 2010..HIV/AIDS service providers are inadequately addressing the high smoking rate among PLWHA, despite being uniquely suited to do so. Efforts are needed to educate providers about the need for, and interest in, tobacco cessation...
- Expanding access to sterile syringes through pharmacies: assessment of New York's Expanded Syringe Access ProgramJames M Tesoriero
Office of Program Evaluation and Research, AIDS Institute, New York State Department of Health, Riverview Center, Suite 516, 150 Broadway, Menands, NY 12204, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 49:407-16. 2009..To investigate the evolution of pharmacist practices, attitudes, and experiences with the Expanded Syringe Access Program (ESAP), which permits over-the-counter sale of syringes by registered pharmacies in New York State...
- The effect of name-based reporting and partner notification on HIV testing in New York StateJames M Tesoriero
Office of Program Evaluation and Research, AIDS Institute, New York State Department of Health, Riverview Center, 150 Broadway, Suite 516, Menands, NY 12204, USA
Am J Public Health 98:728-35. 2008..We examined the effect of New York's HIV Reporting and Partner Notification law on HIV testing levels and on the HIV testing decisions of high-risk individuals...
- Stability of adherence to highly active antiretroviral therapy over time among clients enrolled in the treatment adherence demonstration projectJames Tesoriero
AIDS Institute, New York State Department of Health, Menands, New York 12204, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 33:484-93. 2003..Findings illustrate the importance of multiple, periodic assessments of adherence and the need to consider strategies to increase stability in the factors affecting adherence to HAART...
- Early results of a statewide initiative to involve faith communities in HIV preventionCarol O Tyrell
Division of HIV Prevention, New York State Department of Health, AIDS Institute, Albany, NY 12237, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 14:429-36. 2008..These findings have implications for future programming and can aid to further strengthen the statewide initiative...
- Who purchases nonprescription syringes? Characterizing customers of the Expanded Syringe Access Program (ESAP)Haven B Battles
New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute, Albany, NY, USA
J Urban Health 86:946-50. 2009..While approximately one quarter safely obtained and disposed of syringes "most of the time," two thirds used both safe and unsafe methods. Pharmacy-based syringe access programs are essential in areas not served by syringe exchanges...
- Increasing safe syringe collection sites in New York StateSusan J Klein
AIDS Institute, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY 12237 0684, USA
Public Health Rep 123:433-40. 2008..6 million used syringes during 2006. Significant increases in availability and use of health-care facility-based collection sites was also documented. Efforts to promote safe disposal in NYS are ongoing, informed by these findings...
- Screening persons newly diagnosed with HIV/AIDS for risk of intimate partner violence: early progress in changing practiceSusan J Klein
AIDS Institute, New York State Department of Health, Corning Tower, Room 412, Albany, NY 12237, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 14:420-8. 2008....
- HIV behavioral research onlineMary Ann Chiasson
Medical and Health Research Association of New York City, Inc, 40 Worth Street, Suite 720, New York, NY 10013, USA
J Urban Health 83:73-85. 2006..This paper presents a review of Internet-based research on sexual behavior in MSM, a general discussion of the methodologic and ethical challenges of Internet-based research, and recommendations for future interdisciplinary research...