Affiliation: University of California
- Health and health care disparities among homeless womenCheryl Teruya
Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90025, USA
Women Health 50:719-36. 2010..These findings should be considered in targeting and addressing the special needs of homeless women of different racial/ethnic groups...
- Turning points in the life course: current findings and future directions in drug use researchCheryl Teruya
UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, 1640 S Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Curr Drug Abuse Rev 3:189-95. 2010..Further research on turning points may be particularly valuable in unpacking the multifaceted and complex underlying mechanisms and factors involved in lasting changes in drug use...
- Predictors of short-term treatment outcomes among California's Proposition 36 participantsYih Ing Hser
University of California, Los Angeles Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, 1640 South Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Eval Program Plann 30:187-96. 2007..The study findings support drug testing to monitor abstinence and highlight the need to address employment and psychiatric problems among Proposition 36 participants...
- Hospitalizations among homeless women: are there ethnic and drug abuse disparities?Lillian Gelberg
Health Services Research, UCLA School of Public Health, 650 Charles E Young Drive S, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 36:212-32. 2009..Pregnancy was the only important determinant of hospitalization in all subgroups (OR, 2.9-17.4). Preventing unintended pregnancy appears to be the most inclusive means of reducing hospitalization and attendant costs among homeless women...
- Empirically supported substance abuse treatment approaches: a survey of treatment providers' perspectives and practicesDiane M Herbeck
Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, 1640 South Sepulveda Boulevard Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Addict Behav 33:699-712. 2008..The study findings provide important information regarding training and research dissemination efforts...
- Treating drug-abusing offenders. Initial findings from a five-county study on the impact of California's Proposition 36 on the treatment system and patient outcomesYih Ing Hser
University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Eval Rev 27:479-505. 2003....
- Drug-use initiation and conduct disorder among adolescents in drug treatmentYih Ing Hser
UCLA Drug Abuse Research Center, Neuropsychiatric Institute, University of California, Suite 200, 1640 S Sepulveda Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
J Adolesc 26:331-45. 2003..Findings from this study highlight the importance of better understanding the progression of drug use, treatment utilization, and psychiatric comorbidity among adolescents with substance abuse problems...
- Treatment motivation in drug users: a theory-based analysisDouglas Longshore
Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 81:179-88. 2006..These findings suggest that readiness and resistance should both be assessed among clients entering treatment, especially when the referral is coercive. Intake and counseling protocols should address readiness and resistance separately...
- Gender comparisons of drug abuse treatment outcomes and predictorsYih Ing Hser
UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, Neuropsychiatric Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 72:255-64. 2003..For both women and men, participation in 12-step groups and no spousal drug use during follow-up were related to abstinence. There were both similarities and differences in predictors of treatment outcome for women and men...
- Utilizing drumming for American Indians/Alaska Natives with substance use disorders: a focus group studyDaniel Dickerson
Integrated Substance Abuse Programs ISAP, University of California, Los Angeles UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90025 7535, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 38:505-10. 2012..Drum-Assisted Recovery Therapy for Native Americans (DARTNA), currently under development, is a substance abuse treatment utilizing drumming as a core component...
- Introduction to the special issues on longitudinal research on substance abuse and health services: current knowledge and future directionsYih Ing Hser
University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Eval Rev 31:511-4. 2007
- Impact of California's Proposition 36 on the drug treatment system: treatment capacity and displacementYih Ing Hser
Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, University of California, Los Angeles 90025, USA
Am J Public Health 97:104-9. 2007..We examined how treatment capacity changed to accommodate Proposition 36 clients and whether displacement of other clients was an unintended consequence...
- Implementation of a statewide outcome monitoring system: lessons learned from substance abuse treatment provider staffCheryl Teruya
UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, University of California Los Angeles, CA, USA
Qual Health Res 16:337-52. 2006..Findings might be useful to those designing and implementing similar systems or other large organizational change initiatives...