Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Association of obstructive sleep apnea risk with asthma control in adultsMihaela Teodorescu
Medical Service, William S Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, Madison, WI, USA
Chest 138:543-50. 2010..Unrecognized obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) may lead to poor asthma control despite optimal therapy. Our objective was to evaluate the relationship between OSA risk and asthma control in adults...
- Association of obstructive sleep apnea risk or diagnosis with daytime asthma in adultsMihaela Teodorescu
Section of Allergy, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 600 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Asthma 49:620-8. 2012..Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) worsens nocturnal asthma, but its potential impact on daytime asthma remains largely unassessed. We investigated whether the sleep disorder is associated with daytime, in addition to nighttime, asthma symptoms...
- Predictors of habitual snoring and obstructive sleep apnea risk in patients with asthmaMihaela Teodorescu
Department of Medicine, Wisconsin Sleep Institute, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792 9988, USA
Chest 135:1125-32. 2009..A high prevalence of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) symptoms was reported in patients with asthma. Our goal was to evaluate factors associated with habitual snoring and OSA risk in these patients...
- Effects of stabilizing or increasing respiratory motor outputs on obstructive sleep apneaAiliang Xie
James B Skatrud Laboratory of Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine, William S Middleton Memorial Veterans Affairs Hospital, Madison, WI 53705, USA
J Appl Physiol 115:22-33. 2013..Reducing chemosensitivity via hyperoxia had a limited and unpredictable effect on OSA. ..
- Sleep medicine content of major medical textbooks continues to be underrepresentedMihai C Teodorescu
Sleep Disorders Center, Department of Neurology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Sleep Med 8:271-6. 2007..Our purpose was to review and compare (2005 with 1998) sleep content in representative medical textbooks...
- Role of central/peripheral chemoreceptors and their interdependence in the pathophysiology of sleep apneaJerome A Dempsey
Department of Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 758:343-9. 2012..Finally, we discuss the effects of preventing transient hypocapnia (via selective increases in FICO(2)) on centrally mediated types of periodic breathing and even some varieties of cyclical obstructive sleep apnea...
- The heterogeneity of obstructive sleep apnea (predominant obstructive vs pure obstructive apnea)Ailiang Xie
Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Sleep 34:745-50. 2011..To compare the breathing instability and upper airway collapsibility between patients with pure OSA (i.e. 100% of apneas are obstructive) and patients with predominant OSA (i.e., coexisting obstructive and central apneas)...