Jeff R Temple
Affiliation: University of Texas Medical Branch
- Substance use as a longitudinal predictor of the perpetration of teen dating violenceJeff R Temple
Behavioral Health and Research, Department of Ob Gyn, UTMB Health, Galveston, TX 77555 0587, USA
J Youth Adolesc 42:596-606. 2013..Findings from the current study indicate that targeting substance use, and potentially youth from violent households, may be viable approaches to preventing the perpetration of teen dating violence...
- Dating violence and substance use among ethnically diverse adolescentsJeff R Temple
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, TX 77555 0587, USA
J Interpers Violence 26:701-18. 2011..No differences were found in the rate of dating violence between African American, White, and Hispanic adolescents...
- The longitudinal association between alcohol use and intimate partner violence among ethnically diverse community womenJeff R Temple
University of Texas Medical Branch, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Galveston, TX 77555 0587, United States
Addict Behav 33:1244-8. 2008..Women's alcohol use frequency was associated with sustaining physical violence, but not threats of violence or sexual aggression...
- Prevention of intimate partner violence in substance-using populationsJeff R Temple
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0587, USA
Subst Use Misuse 44:1318-28. 2009..This approach is reviewed from the perspective of universal, selective, and indicated prevention programs...
- Ethnic and gender disparities in needed adolescent mental health careJohn F Fred Thomas
Preventive Medicine and Community Health, Community based Mental Health Services and Policy, University of Texas Medical Branch Office of Health Policy and Legislative Affairs, Galveston, TX 77555 0981, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 22:101-10. 2011..Thus, ethnic disparities in obtaining needed mental health care may persist even in settings where access to equivalent care is readily available...
- Teen sexting and its association with sexual behaviorsJeff R Temple
University of Texas Medical Branch Health, Galveston, TX, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 166:828-33. 2012..To examine the prevalence of sexting behaviors as well as their relation to dating, sex, and risky sexual behaviors using a large school-based sample of adolescents...
- Teen dating violence and substance use following a natural disaster: does evacuation status matter?Jeff R Temple
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, UTMB Health, Galveston, Texas, USA
Am J Disaster Med 6:201-6. 2011....
- Physical and mental health outcomes of women in nonviolent, unilaterally violent, and mutually violent relationshipsJeff R Temple
University of North Texas, Denton, TX, USA
Violence Vict 20:335-59. 2005..Surprisingly, women's health in the MPP and FPP violence groups was similar and generally worse than if violence was uni-directional...
- Racial differences in body fat distribution among reproductive-aged womenMahbubur Rahman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Women s Health, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston TX 77555 0587, USA
Metabolism 58:1329-37. 2009..These findings raise questions regarding universally applied BMI-based guidelines for obesity and have implications for patient education regarding individual risk factors for cardiovascular disease and metabolic complications...
- Importance of gender and attitudes about violence in the relationship between exposure to interparental violence and the perpetration of teen dating violenceJeff R Temple
UTMB Health, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555 0587, USA
Child Abuse Negl 37:343-52. 2013..However, only recently have mechanisms underlying this relationship been investigated and very few studies have differentiated between exposure to father-to-mother and mother-to-father violence...
- Impact of obesity on body image dissatisfaction and social integration difficulty in adolescent and young adult burn injury survivorsMaria Chondronikola
Department of Preventative Medicine and Community Health, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA
J Burn Care Res 34:102-8. 2013..Mobility limitations and higher weight status at burn are likely more important factors affecting the long-term social integration difficulty and body image dissatisfaction of these young people...
- Differential racial/ethnic patterns in substance use initiation among young, low-income womenZ Helen Wu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, Texas, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 36:123-9. 2010..Accumulating research suggests that the gateway hypothesis of substance use may not apply equally across different race/ethnicity groups...
- Psychiatric disorders and suicide in the nation's largest state prison systemJacques Baillargeon
Department of Preventive Medicine and Community Health, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston TX 77555, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 37:188-93. 2009..8, CI = 5.8-32.9). These findings highlight the importance of maintaining suicide prevention programs in correctional settings, with particular emphasis on screening and monitoring of patients with severe psychiatric disorders...