Anne M Teitelman
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Recent and past intimate partner abuse and HIV risk among young womenAnne M Teitelman
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 37:219-27. 2008....
- Social cognitive and clinical factors associated with HPV vaccine initiation among urban, economically disadvantaged womenAnne M Teitelman
Center for Health Equities Research School of Nursing University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19194 4217, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 40:691-701. 2011..Our aim was to identify common beliefs about HPV vaccine initiation and describe the relationship between attitudes, norms, perceived control, and intention to receive HPV vaccine, drawing from the theory of planned behavior (TPB)...
- Sexual relationship power, intimate partner violence, and condom use among minority urban girlsAnne M Teitelman
Center for Health Disparities Research, School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Room 244 2L, Fagin Hall, 418 Curie Blvd Philadelphia, PA 19104 6020, USA
J Interpers Violence 23:1694-712. 2008..This suggests the need for multilevel intervention approaches that promote girls' agency and multiple ways to keep girls safe from perpetrators of partner abuse...
- Human papillomavirus, current vaccines, and cervical cancer preventionAnne M Teitelman
Center for Health Disparities Research, School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19194 4217, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 38:69-80. 2009..Widespread implementation of the vaccine and delivering cervical cancer screening to underserved populations remain a challenge. Nurses are ideally suited to address these needs by providing education to patients and families...
- The social context of sexual health and sexual risk for urban adolescent girls in the United StatesAnne M Teitelman
University of Pennsylvania, School of Nursing, 418 Curie Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 30:460-9. 2009..Health care providers, especially those in mental health, are in an optimal position to promote girls' physical, developmental, and emotional sexual health...
- Parent--Adolescent Communication About Sexual Pressure, Maternal Norms About Relationship Power, and STI/HIV Protective Behaviors of Minority Urban GirlsAnne M Teitelman
Center for Health Disparities Research, School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc 14:50-60. 2008..J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc, 2008; 14(1), 50-60. DOI : 10.1177/1078390307311770...
- Unwanted unprotected sex: condom coercion by male partners and self-silencing of condom negotiation among adolescent girlsAnne M Teitelman
School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
ANS Adv Nurs Sci 34:243-59. 2011..Implications for intervention design are discussed...
- Urban adolescent girls' perspectives on multiple partners in the context of the sexual double standard and intimate partner violenceAnne M Teitelman
Center for Health Equities Research Center for Global Women s Health, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care 24:308-21. 2013....
- Factors that affect acceptance of HIV microbicides among womenCatherine A Domanska
University of Pennsylvania, School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4217, USA
Collegian 19:23-32. 2012....