Craig C Teerlink
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Significant association of full-thickness rotator cuff tears and estrogen-related receptor-β (ESRRB)Craig C Teerlink
Division of Genetic Epidemiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA Electronic address
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 24:e31-5. 2015..The purpose of the present study was to confirm the association between multiple candidate genes, including ESRRB, and rotator cuff disease in an independent set of patients with rotator cuff tear...
- Association analysis of 9,560 prostate cancer cases from the International Consortium of Prostate Cancer Genetics confirms the role of reported prostate cancer associated SNPs for familial diseaseCraig C Teerlink
Division of Genetic Epidemiology, Department of Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Hum Genet 133:347-56. 2014..The results indicate that the majority of common, low-risk alleles identified in GWAS studies for all prostate cancer also contribute risk for familial prostate cancer, and that some may contribute risk to aggressive disease. ..
- Pairwise shared genomic segment analysis in three Utah high-risk breast cancer pedigreesZheng Cai
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Utah Medical School, Health Sciences Education Building, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
BMC Genomics 13:676. 2012..We applied a new weighted pairwise shared genomic segment (pSGS) analysis for susceptibility gene localization to high-density genomewide SNP data in three extended high-risk breast cancer pedigrees...
- A comprehensive survey of cancer risks in extended familiesCraig C Teerlink
Division of Genetic Epidemiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Genet Med 14:107-14. 2012..This population-based description of cancer clustering describes patterns of cancer coaggregation suggestive of a genetic predisposition...
- A genealogical assessment of heritable predisposition to asthma mortalityCraig C Teerlink
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112 5750, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 176:865-70. 2007..Asthma is a multifactorial disease; genetic factors have been suggested but have not been well defined...
- Significant evidence for linkage to chromosome 5q13 in a genome-wide scan for asthma in an extended pedigree resourceCraig C Teerlink
Department of Biomedical Informatics, Division of Genetic Epidemiology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5750, USA
Eur J Hum Genet 17:636-43. 2009..The evidence of linkage at the 5q13 region represents the first significant evidence for linkage on a genome-wide basis for this locus. Linked pedigrees localize the region to approximately between 92.3-105.5 Mb...
- A unique genome-wide association analysis in extended Utah high-risk pedigrees identifies a novel melanoma risk variant on chromosome arm 10qCraig Teerlink
Division of Genetic Epidemiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Hum Genet 131:77-85. 2012..Our approach illustrates an example of using high-risk pedigrees for the identification of new melanoma predisposition variants...
- Identification of specific Y chromosomes associated with increased prostate cancer riskLisa A Cannon-Albright
Division of Genetic Epidemiology, Department of Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah George E Wahlen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah Huntsman Cancer Institute, Salt Lake City, Utah
Prostate 74:991-8. 2014..Evidence supports the possibility of a role of the Y chromosome in prostate cancer, but controversy exists...
- Evidence for an inherited predisposition contributing to the risk for rotator cuff diseaseRobert Z Tashjian
University of Utah Orthopaedic Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 91:1136-42. 2009..We used a population-based resource combining genealogical data for Utah with clinical diagnosis data from a large Utah hospital to test the hypothesis of excess familial clustering for rotator cuff disease...
- Linkage analysis of extended high-risk pedigrees replicates a cutaneous malignant melanoma predisposition locus on chromosome 9q21Lisa A Cannon-Albright
Department of Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Invest Dermatol 133:128-34. 2013..This report confirms that linkage analysis for common disorders can be successful in analysis of high-density markers in sets of singly informative high-risk pedigrees...
- Prostate cancer risk prediction based on complete prostate cancer family historyFrederick Albright
Department of Pharmacotherapy, Pharmacotherapy Outcomes Research Center, College of Pharmacy, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
Prostate 75:390-8. 2015..Prostate cancer (PC) relative risks (RRs) are typically estimated based on status of close relatives or presence of any affected relatives. This study provides RR estimates using extensive and specific PC family history...
- An application of the latent p value method to assess linkage in asthma pedigreesCraig C Teerlink
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108 1266, USA craig teerlink utah edu
Hum Hered 70:1-8. 2010..It is particularly applicable to genome-wide genetic linkage analysis for test statistics with poorly defined analytical distributions...