Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Cortical source estimates of gamma band amplitude and phase are different in schizophreniaPeter Teale
Neuroimaging Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Denver, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Box C268 68, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Neuroimage 42:1481-9. 2008..Schizophrenic subjects exhibit significant impairment of generation and phase locking of this activity in auditory cortex, suggesting an impairment of GABA-ergic inhibitory interneuronal modulation of pyramidal cell activity...
- Fluctuation of gamma-band phase synchronization within the auditory cortex in schizophreniaKeeran Maharajh
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz, Medical Campus, MS F 546, 13001 E 17th Pl, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Clin Neurophysiol 121:542-8. 2010..To study the phase stability of the 40Hz auditory steady-state response (ASSR) in Sz, and in addition, to investigate inter-hemispheric phase synchronization using ipsilateral and contralateral hemisphere gamma band ASSRs...
- Brain size and brain/intracranial volume ratio in major mental illnessMartin Reite
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora CO, USA
BMC Psychiatry 10:79. 2010..It reports results obtained from a large N, collected and analyzed by the same laboratory over a multiyear period, with visually guided MRI segmentation being the primary initial analytic tool...
- Reduced laterality of the source locations for generators of the auditory steady-state field in schizophreniaPeter Teale
Biomagnetic Imaging Laboratory, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Biol Psychiatry 54:1149-53. 2003..In this study, we evaluated a source located in primary auditory cortex, responsible for the steady-state response, to determine whether similar asymmetries were present...
- MEG auditory evoked fields suggest altered structural/functional asymmetry in primary but not secondary auditory cortex in bipolar disorderMartin Reite
Neuromagnetic Imaging Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado, Denver, 13001 East 17th Place, P O Box 6508, Mail Stop F546, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Bipolar Disord 11:371-81. 2009..This study examines these markers in patients with bipolar disorder, with the goal of improved understanding of the patterns of brain asymmetry that may independently characterize affective and schizophreniform psychosis...
- Anomalous somatosensory cortical localization in schizophreniaMartin Reite
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Am J Psychiatry 160:2148-53. 2003..This study examines magnetoencephalographic localization of field sources evoked by tactile stimulation generated in area 3b of the primary somatosensory cortex in patients with schizophrenia compared with normal subjects...
- Reduced neural synchronization of gamma-band MEG oscillations in first-degree relatives of children with autismDonald C Rojas
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, 4200 E, 9th Avenue, Denver, CO, USA
BMC Psychiatry 8:66. 2008..Transient auditory gamma-band responses, however, have not yet been investigated in autism or in the first-degree relatives of persons with the autism...
- Determination of the sphere origin for MEG source modelling in temporal regionsPeter Teale
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Phys Med Biol 47:1161-6. 2002..Results indicate that for this area the cranial cavity is a better choice of surface to fit than the outer scalp. The 'generic' sphere results were also superior to those obtained using individual outer surfaces...