A L Taylor
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Should ethnicity serve as the basis for clinical trial design? Importance of race/ethnicity in clinical trials: lessons from the African-American Heart Failure Trial (A-HeFT), the African-American Study of Kidney Disease and Hypertension (AASK), and the AAnne L Taylor
National Center of Excellence in Women s Health, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Circulation 112:3654-60; discussion 3666. 2005
- The African American Heart Failure Trial: a clinical trial updateAnne L Taylor
Division of Cardiology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Am J Cardiol 96:44-8. 2005..The rich and unique A-HeFT database will provide new opportunities to understand the pathophysiology and management of heart failure...
- Combination of isosorbide dinitrate and hydralazine in blacks with heart failureAnne L Taylor
Department of Medicine Cardiology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis 55455, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2049-57. 2004..We examined whether a fixed dose of both isosorbide dinitrate and hydralazine provides additional benefit in blacks with advanced heart failure, a subgroup previously noted to have a favorable response to this therapy...
- Endothelial dysfunction and nitric oxide enhancing therapy: a new approach to the treatment of heart failureAnne L Taylor
University of Minnesota Medical School, 420 Delaware Street S E, MMC 293, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Congest Heart Fail 10:237-42. 2004..The African-American Heart Failure Trial is the first prospective trial designed to test a novel therapy that enhances endothelial function and nitric oxide bioavailability in African-American patients with advanced heart failure...
- Outcomes by gender in the African-American Heart Failure TrialAnne L Taylor
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:2263-7. 2006..We therefore compared outcomes by gender and treatment...
- SERMs, ethnicity, and clinical trials: opportunities and challengesA L Taylor
Division of Cardiology, Mayo Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 949:292-4. 2001....
- Early and sustained benefit on event-free survival and heart failure hospitalization from fixed-dose combination of isosorbide dinitrate/hydralazine: consistency across subgroups in the African-American Heart Failure TrialAnne L Taylor
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Circulation 115:1747-53. 2007....
- Isosorbide dinitrate and hydralazine in a fixed-dose combination produces further regression of left ventricular remodeling in a well-treated black population with heart failure: results from A-HeFTJay N Cohn
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Card Fail 13:331-9. 2007..Whether the fixed-dose combination produces a further regression of LV remodeling when added to renin-angiotensin and sympathetic inhibitors has not been documented...
- Ethnic differences in electrocardiographic criteria for left ventricular hypertrophy: the LIFE study. Losartan Intervention For EndpointPeter M Okin
Department of Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Am J Hypertens 15:663-71. 2002..However, the high mortality associated with LVH in African American patients makes more accurate ECG detection of LVH in these patients a clinical priority...
- Race and ethnicity in trials of antihypertensive therapy to prevent cardiovascular outcomes: a systematic reviewIna U Park
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn, USA
Ann Fam Med 5:444-52. 2007....
- Race-related differences in heart failure therapies: simply black and white or shades of grey?Gautam R Shroff
Cardiovascular Division, University of Minnesota, MMC 508, 420 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Curr Cardiol Rep 9:178-81. 2007..This article explores the unique race-related differences in heart failure with particular emphasis on the currently recommended therapeutic agents in heart failure...
- Influence of blood pressure on the effectiveness of a fixed-dose combination of isosorbide dinitrate and hydralazine in the African-American Heart Failure TrialInder S Anand
VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:32-9. 2007....
- Isosorbide dinitrate-hydralazine improves outcomes in African Americans with heart failureMonica Colvin Adams
Cardiac Transplantation, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 74:227-34. 2007..This placebo-controlled trial was the first to evaluate a therapy in a specific racial group, and it points the way to a more individualized approach to heart failure therapy...
- The African-American Heart Failure Trial: background, rationale and significanceAnne L Taylor
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 94:762-9. 2002..Besides additional testing of H+ISDN in HF, A-HeFT will be the first HF trial aimed at a subgroup of African American patients, as well as the first to use a new composite HF score as its primary efficacy endpoint...
- Organizational climate and family life: how these factors affect the status of women faculty at one medical schoolS Lynn Shollen
Office of Faculty Affairs, University of Minnesota Medical School, and Postsecondary Education Research Institute, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Acad Med 84:87-94. 2009..To compare men and women faculty's family situations and perceptions of organizational climate...
- Screening for early detection of cardiovascular disease in asymptomatic individualsJay N Cohn
Rasmussen Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minn, USA
Am Heart J 146:679-85. 2003..The objective of the current study is to screen individuals with vascular and cardiac tests aimed at identifying early abnormalities likely to progress and to measure risk contributors susceptible to therapy...
- The African-American Heart Failure Trial (A-HeFT): rationale and methodologyAnne L Taylor
University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Card Fail 9:S216-9. 2003
- Exercise capacity in pediatric heart transplant candidates: is there any role for the 14 ml/kg/min guideline?B B Das
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80220, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 27:226-9. 2006..Because of age-related differences in oxygen consumption and varied etiologies of CHF a peak VO2 of < 14 ml/kg/min is not a useful criterion for listing for OHT in this population...
- Relationship between 24-H blood pressure and sleep disordered breathing in a normotensive community sampleJ T Wright
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106-4982, USA
Am J Hypertens 14:743-8. 2001..Further long-term evaluation of the effects of these findings and the long-term consequences of hypertension are needed...
- Aldosterone synthase promoter polymorphism predicts outcome in African Americans with heart failure: results from the A-HeFT TrialDennis M McNamara
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:1277-82. 2006..We sought to evaluate the effect of the aldosterone synthase promoter polymorphism on heart failure outcomes for subjects in the African American Heart Failure Trial (A-HeFT)...
- African-American Heart Failure Trial (A-HeFT): rationale, design, and methodologyJoseph A Franciosa
Zena and Michael A. Wiener Cardiovascular Institute, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
J Card Fail 8:128-35. 2002..CONCLUSIONS: In addition to providing additional information on BiDil efficacy in HF, A-HeFT is the first HF trial aimed at a selected subgroup of patients and the first to use a new composite HF score as its primary efficacy endpoint...
- Effects of ACE inhibitors or beta-blockers in patients treated with the fixed-dose combination of isosorbide dinitrate/hydralazine in the African-American Heart Failure TrialJalal K Ghali
University Health Center, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 7:373-80. 2007....
- Evidence-based guidelines for cardiovascular disease prevention in womenLori Mosca
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:900-21. 2004
- Evidence-based guidelines for cardiovascular disease prevention in women. American Heart Association scientific statementLori Mosca
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:e29-50. 2004
- Univ of Minnesota Buidling Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's HealthNancy Raymond; Fiscal Year: 2007..The BIRCWH program will enable us to capitalize on our strong environment and commitment to create the next generation of leaders in women's health research. ..