Affiliation: University of Colorado
- Children who return home from foster care: a 6-year prospective study of behavioral health outcomes in adolescenceH N Taussig
Kempe Children s Center, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Pediatrics 108:E10. 2001..This study examined outcomes for youth who were reunified after placement in foster care as compared with youth who did not reunify...
- Ethnic differences in risk behaviors and related psychosocial variables among a cohort of maltreated adolescents in foster careH N Taussig
Kempe Children s Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 1825 Marion Street, Denver, CO 80218, USA
Child Maltreat 6:180-92. 2001..Possible explanations for these differences are presented and implications for intervention discussed...
- Fostering healthy futures: an innovative preventive intervention for preadolescent youth in out-of-home careHeather N Taussig
Fostering Healthy Futures Program, The Kempe Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado, USA
Child Welfare 86:113-31. 2007..The ultimate goal of this research is to develop more efficacious interventions, thereby reducing adverse life-course outcomes and promoting healthy futures, not only for youth in out-of-home care, but for all youth at risk...
- Impact of a mentoring and skills group program on mental health outcomes for maltreated children in foster careHeather N Taussig
The Kempe Center, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, The Gary Pavilion at The Children s Hospital, Anschutz Medical Campus, 13123 E 16th Ave, B 390, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 164:739-46. 2010..To evaluate the efficacy of the Fostering Healthy Futures program in reducing mental health problems and associated problems...
- Does community violence exposure predict trauma symptoms in a sample of maltreated youth in foster care?Edward F Garrido
The Kempe Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect, University of Colorado, Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Violence Vict 25:755-69. 2010..These findings are discussed in terms of their implications for interventions aimed at addressing the needs of children exposed to violence...
- Risk behaviors in maltreated youth placed in foster care: a longitudinal study of protective and vulnerability factorsHeather N Taussig
Department of Pediatrics, Kempe Children s Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 1825 Marion St, Denver, CO 80218, USA
Child Abuse Negl 26:1179-99. 2002..The current study examined protective and vulnerability factors in a longitudinal study of youth placed in foster care...
- Mental health treatment of child abuse and neglect: the promise of evidence-based practiceKimberly Shipman
University of Colorado, School of Medicine, The Kempe Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect, The Gary Pavillion at the Children s Hospital, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 56:417-28. 2009..Recently, several evidence-based practices have been rigorously tested and are demonstrating efficacy in reducing mental health problems associated with maltreatment. This article details these developments...
- PREVENTIVE INTERVENTIONS FOR FOSTER CARE YOUTHHeather Taussig; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Intervention Development and Pilot for Foster Care YouthHeather Taussig; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..