John A Tauras
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Differential impact of tobacco control policies on youth sub-populationsJohn A Tauras
Department of Economics, University of Illinois at Chicago, 601 South Morgan Street, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 10:4306-22. 2013..Moreover, this research concludes that smoke-free air laws will reduce smoking prevalence for the overall youth population with the largest reductions in high SES and male subpopulations. ..
- Menthol and non-menthol smoking: the impact of prices and smoke-free air lawsJohn A Tauras
Department of Economics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607 7121, USA
Addiction 105:115-23. 2010..To examine the relationship between menthol and non-menthol prices and smoke-free air laws and the choice between menthol and non-menthol cigarettes among current smokers...
- Differential impact of state tobacco control policies among race and ethnic groupsJohn A Tauras
Department of Economics, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL 60607 7121, USA
Addiction 102:95-103. 2007..Moreover, this paper reviews the existing econometric literature on racial and ethnic smoking and discusses the limitations of that research. Finally, this paper outlines an agenda for future research...
- The demand for nicotine replacement therapiesJohn A Tauras
Department of Economics, University of Illinois at Chicago IL 60607 7121, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 5:237-43. 2003..46, respectively. The average cross-price elasticity of demand, which measures the responsiveness of consumer demand for NRT products to changes in the price of cigarettes, for Nicoderm CQ and Nicorette, is 0.772 and 0.764, respectively...
- The impact of advertising on nicotine replacement therapy demandJohn A Tauras
Department of Economics m c 144, University of Illinois at Chicago and NBER, 601 S Morgan Street, Chicago, IL 60607 7121, USA
Soc Sci Med 60:2351-8. 2005....
- State tobacco control spending and youth smokingJohn A Tauras
Department of Economics m c 144, University of Illinois at Chicago, 601 South Morgan, Chicago, IL 60607 7121, USA
Am J Public Health 95:338-44. 2005..We examined the relationship between state-level tobacco control expenditures and youth smoking prevalence and cigarette consumption...
- Public policy and smoking cessation among young adults in the United StatesJohn A Tauras
Department of Economics, University of Illinois at Chicago and Health Economics Group, National Bureau of Economic Research, 601 S Morgan Street, Chicago, IL 60607 7121, USA
Health Policy 68:321-32. 2004..Given the well-documented benefits of smoking cessation, a significant increase in cigarette excises taxes may be one of the most effective means to reduce premature death and disease in the United States...
- Can public policy deter smoking escalation among young adults?John A Tauras
University of Illinois, Chicago, USA
J Policy Anal Manage 24:771-84. 2005..In addition, private worksite restrictions and restrictions on smoking in other public places are found to decrease moderate smoking uptake among young adults...
- Tobacco control policies and youth smoking: evidence from a new eraJohn A Tauras
Department of Economics, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
Adv Health Econ Health Serv Res 16:277-91. 2005..Moreover, we find purchase, use, and possession laws to be inversely related to youth and young adult smoking prevalence...
- The importance of peer effects, cigarette prices and tobacco control policies for youth smoking behaviorLisa M Powell
University of Illinois at Chicago, 1747 W Roosevelt Road, Room 558, M C 275, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
J Health Econ 24:950-68. 2005..5 percentage points. The results suggest that there is a potential for social multiplier effects with respect to any exogenous change in cigarette taxes or tobacco control policies...
- Smoking Transition--Impact of Government PolicyJohn Tauras; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..