Yelena N Tarasenko
Affiliation: University of Kentucky
- Colorectal cancer screening among rural Appalachian residents with multiple morbiditiesYelena N Tarasenko
Department of Behavioral Science, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Rural Remote Health 11:1553. 2011..This study explored the prevalence of such screening and explanations for how multiple chronic conditions might affect colorectal cancer screening among an especially vulnerable group of middle-aged and older adults...
- Colorectal cancer screening: patients' and physicians' perspectives on decision-making factorsYelena N Tarasenko
Department of Behavioral Science, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, Medical Behavioral Science Building, Lexington, KY 40536 0086, USA
J Cancer Educ 26:285-93. 2011..g., providing cross-cultural training to medical students enabling them to better understand their patients) levels...
- Using decision tree models to depict primary care physicians CRC screening decision heuristicsSarah B Wackerbarth
Martin School of Public Policy and Administration, University of Kentucky, 435 Patterson Office Tower, Lexington, KY, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:1467-9. 2007..The purpose of this study was to identify decision heuristics utilized by primary care physicians in formulating colorectal cancer screening recommendations...
- Prevalence of colorectal cancer screening among a multimorbid rural Appalachian populationSteven T Fleming
University of Kentucky College of Public Health and the College of Medicine, Lexington, KY, USA
South Med J 104:811-8. 2011..This is the first known study to address multiple morbidities exclusively with a health-disparities population...
- Barriers to cervical cancer screening among middle-aged and older rural Appalachian womenChristina R Studts
Department of Behavioral Science, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, 101 Medical Behavioral Science Building, Lexington, KY 40536 0086, USA
J Community Health 38:500-12. 2013..Recommendations are provided to decrease these barriers and, ultimately, improve rates of Pap tests among this traditionally underserved and disproportionately affected group...
- Physician colorectal cancer screening recommendations: an examination based on informed decision makingSarah B Wackerbarth
Martin School of Public Policy and Administration, University of Kentucky, KY, USA
Patient Educ Couns 66:43-50. 2007....
- The role of social support in multiple morbidity: self-management among rural residentsShoshana H Bardach
Department of Behavioral Science, University of Kentucky, Lexington, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 22:756-71. 2011..We discuss implications of these findings for meeting this vulnerable population's self-management needs...
- A community-based randomized trial of a faith-placed intervention to reduce cervical cancer burden in AppalachiaChristina R Studts
Department of Behavioral Science, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0086, USA
Prev Med 54:408-14. 2012....