Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Automated imaging system for fast quantitation of neurons, cell morphology and neurite morphometry in vivo and in vitroVictor Tapias
Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh, USA
Neurobiol Dis 54:158-68. 2013..Importantly, our technique counted about 8 times as many neurons in less than 5-10% of the time taken by manual stereological analysis...
- Melatonin treatment potentiates neurodegeneration in a rat rotenone Parkinson's disease modelVictor Tapias
Pittsburgh Institute for Neurodegenerative Disease, Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
J Neurosci Res 88:420-7. 2010..Indeed, melatonin alone elicited alterations in striatal catecholamine content. Our findings indicate that melatonin is not neuroprotective in the rotenone model of PD and may exacerbate neurodegeneration...
- A highly reproducible rotenone model of Parkinson's diseaseJason R Cannon
Pittsburgh Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases, Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Neurobiol Dis 34:279-90. 2009..In summary, this version of the rotenone model is highly reproducible and may provide an excellent tool to test new neuroprotective strategies...
- Single-cell redox imaging demonstrates a distinctive response of dopaminergic neurons to oxidative insultsMaxx P Horowitz
Medical Scientist Training Program, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 15:855-71. 2011....
- Pomegranate juice exacerbates oxidative stress and nigrostriatal degeneration in Parkinson's diseaseVictor Tapias
Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA Pittsburgh Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Neurobiol Aging 35:1162-76. 2014....