Stacey L Tannenbaum
Affiliation: University of Miami
- State variations of chronic disease risk factors in older AmericansStacey L Tannenbaum
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 9:E177. 2012..Older adults residing in Arkansas and Montana had the worst chronic disease risk profile compared with other states. These findings indicate the need for improved or increased targeted interventions in these states...
- Disparities in survival after female breast cancer diagnosis: a population-based studyStacey L Tannenbaum
Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1120 NW 14th Street, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Cancer Causes Control 24:1705-15. 2013....
- Survival disparities in non-small cell lung cancer by race, ethnicity, and socioeconomic statusStacey L Tannenbaum
From the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Public Health Sciences, and Department of Surgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL
Cancer J 20:237-45. 2014..Thus, because we have access to a large and unique population-based database that includes tumor characteristics and patient comorbidities, the purpose of this study was to explore disparities in NSCLC survival...
- Geographical variation in health-related quality of life among older US adults, 1997-2010Diana Kachan
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1120 NW 14th St, Room 1073, Miami, FL 33136 E mail
Prev Chronic Dis 11:E110. 2014..We compared HRQOL among older adults in the 50 US states and the District of Columbia using the Health and Activities Limitation Index (HALex). We also compared the HRQOL of 4 regions: South, West, Midwest, and Northeast...
- Native American race, use of the Indian Health Service, and breast and lung cancer survival in Florida, 1996-2007David J Lee
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, PO Box 016069 R 699, Miami, FL 33101 E mail
Prev Chronic Dis 11:E35. 2014..Additional resources are needed to improve surveillance strategies and to reduce cancer burden in these populations. ..
- Correlates of leisure time physical activity compliance in colorectal cancer survivorsAnthony P D'Andrea
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Clinical Research Building, Room 1074, 1140 NW 14th Street, 10th Floor R 669, Miami, FL 33136, USA Electronic address
Prev Med 62:78-82. 2014..We investigated sociodemographic, physically limiting, and behavioral predictors influencing leisure time physical activity (LTPA) among CRC survivors...
- Cardiovascular fitness levels among American workersJohn E Lewis
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
J Occup Environ Med 53:1115-21. 2011..To explore cardiovascular fitness in 40 occupations using a nationally representative sample of the US population...
- Participation in cancer clinical trials: why are patients not participating?Margaret M Byrne
Department of Public Health Sciences MMB, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida
Med Decis Making 34:116-26. 2014..The objective of this study was to determine what factors are associated with patients' participation or willingness to participate and whether these factors vary by race/ethnicity...
- Comparing the accuracy of ES-BC, EIS-GS, and ES Oxi on body composition, autonomic nervous system activity, and cardiac output to standardized assessmentsJohn E Lewis
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL
Med Devices (Auckl) 4:169-77. 2011....
- Current formulas for water requirements produce different estimatesStacey L Tannenbaum
Department of Dietetics and Nutrition, Florida International University, Miami, Florida, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 36:299-305. 2012..The objective of this study was to determine if there was agreement among commonly used formulas for estimating water requirements...