Shou Ching Tang
Affiliation: University of Miami
- BAG-1, an anti-apoptotic tumour markerShou Ching Tang
Basic Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s, Canada
IUBMB Life 53:99-105. 2002..Further large-scale clinical studies are warranted to establish the role of BAG-1 as a novel prognostic and/or predictive biomarker in the clinical management of these common malignancies...
- Antisense BAG-1 sensitizes HeLa cells to apoptosis by multiple pathwaysJieying Xiong
Memorial University of Newfoundland, Basic Medical Sciences, 300 Prince Philip Dr, St John s, NL, Canada A1B 3V6
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 312:585-91. 2003....
- BAG-1 expression correlates with Bcl-2, p53, differentiation, estrogen and progesterone receptors in invasive breast carcinomaShou Ching Tang
Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 84:203-13. 2004..Further experiments to explore the prognostic and therapeutic role of BAG-1 in breast cancer are warranted...
- Alteration in gene expression profile and biological behavior in human lung cancer cell line NL9980 by nm23-H1 gene silencingWei Ma
Tianjin Key Laboratory of Lung Cancer Metastasis and Tumor Microenvironment, Tianjin Lung Cancer Institute, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Anshan Road No 154, Heping District, Tianjin 300052, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 371:425-30. 2008..The knockdown of nm23-H1 expression may change the lung cancer cells to a more invasive phenotype through alteration in the expression of a set of genes...
- Reducing the risk of distant metastases: a better end point in adjuvant aromatase inhibitor breast cancer trials?Shou Ching Tang
Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, Scottsdale, Arizona 85259, USA
Cancer Invest 26:481-90. 2008..Significant DDFS improvement may be a quicker, better end point in clinical trials, leading to a more efficient, faster assessment of treatment efficacy...
- Distinct BAG-1 isoforms have different anti-apoptotic functions in BAG-1-transfected C33A human cervical carcinoma cell lineJun Chen
Basic Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland, 300 Prince Philip Drive, St John s, NF, Canada A1B 3V6
Oncogene 21:7050-9. 2002..These in vitro results suggest that distinct isoforms of BAG-1 have different anti-apoptotic functions and their functions may be correlated to increased Bcl-2 expression...
- Retinoic acid inhibits telomerase activity and downregulates expression but does not affect splicing of hTERT: correlation with cell growth rate inhibition in an in vitro cervical carcinogenesis/multidrug-resistance modelZhihu Ding
Division of Basic Medical Sciences, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s, Canada
Exp Cell Res 272:185-91. 2002....
- A novel role for Bcl-2 associated-athanogene-1 (Bag-1) in regulation of the endoplasmic reticulum stress response in mammalian chondrocytesLing Yang
Department of Anatomy, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, 4209 State Route 44, Rootstown, Ohio 44272, USA
J Cell Biochem 102:786-800. 2007..These results suggest a novel role for BAG-1 in supporting viability and matrix expression of chondrocytes...
- Sanguinarine overcomes P-glycoprotein-mediated multidrug-resistance via induction of apoptosis and oncosis in CEM-VLB 1000 cellsPriya Weerasinghe
Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland, 300 Prince Phillip Drive, St John s, Newfoundland, Canada A1B 3V6
Exp Toxicol Pathol 58:21-30. 2006..Thus, sanguinarine may overcome the phenomenon of Pgp-mediated MDR by inducing apoptosis through increasing the Bax/Bcl-2 ratio and activating caspase-3, and oncosis, which involved neither...
- Predictive markers of tubulin-targeting agents in breast cancerShou Ching Tang
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Denver Health Medical Center, University of Colorado, Denver, CO 80224, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 8:S79-84. 2008..Before such predictive markers are available, these agents may be considered in patients with good performance status and aggressive tumors...