Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Hawaii
- Age-related expansion of Tim-3 expressing T cells in vertically HIV-1 infected childrenRavi Tandon
Hawaii Center for AIDS, Department of Tropical Medicine, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e45733. 2012..Targeting Tim-3 may serve as a novel therapeutic approach to improve immune control of virus replication and mitigate age related T cell exhaustion...
- Identification of human endogenous retrovirus-specific T cell responses in vertically HIV-1-infected subjectsRavi Tandon
Division of Experimental Medicine, University of California San Francisco, Department of Medicine, 1001 Potrero Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Virol 85:11526-31. 2011..These data indicate that HERV-specific T cells may participate in controlling HIV-1 replication and that certain highly conserved HERV-derived proteins may serve as promising therapeutic vaccine targets in HIV-1-infected children...
- Strong human endogenous retrovirus-specific T cell responses are associated with control of HIV-1 in chronic infectionDevi SenGupta
UCSF Division of Experimental Medicine, Building 3, Room 603, San Francisco General Hospital, 1001 Potrero Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Virol 85:6977-85. 2011..These findings suggest a possible role for anti-HERV immunity in the control of chronic HIV-1 infection and provide support for a larger effort to design an HIV-1 vaccine that targets conserved antigens such as HERV...
- T cells target APOBEC3 proteins in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected humans and simian immunodeficiency virus-infected Indian rhesus macaquesStephane Champiat
Division of Experimental Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Virol 87:6073-80. 2013..These results raise the possibility that these T cell responses may be part of the larger antiretroviral immune response...
- Galectin-9 is rapidly released during acute HIV-1 infection and remains sustained at high levels despite viral suppression even in elite controllersRavi Tandon
1 Hawaii Center for AIDS, Department of Tropical Medicine, University of Hawaii, John A Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, Hawaii
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 30:654-64. 2014....