Affiliation: University of Florida
- World Psychiatric Association Pharmacopsychiatry Section statement on comparative effectiveness of antipsychotics in the treatment of schizophreniaRajiv Tandon
University of Florida, Tallahassee, USA
Schizophr Res 100:20-38. 2008....
- Should overeating and obesity be classified as an addictive disorder in DSM-5?Claudia Moreno
University of Florida College of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Curr Pharm Des 17:1128-31. 2011..In this article, we consider the rationale for this recommendation and evaluate its pros and cons. We summarize how the problem of overeating is addressed in our current classification systems and discuss DSM-5 approaches to the issue...
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized withdrawal study of lurasidone for the maintenance of efficacy in patients with schizophreniaRajiv Tandon
University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, USA
J Psychopharmacol 30:69-77. 2016..To evaluate the effectiveness of lurasidone as maintenance treatment for schizophrenia...
- Bridging the efficacy-effectiveness gap in the antipsychotic treatment of schizophrenia: back to the basicsRajiv Tandon
Department of Psychiatry, University of Florida College of Medicine, 1149 Newell Dr, L4 100, Gainesville, FL 32611
J Clin Psychiatry 75:e1321-2. 2014..Despite the use of these agents for 60 years, however, schizophrenia continues to significantly limit the quality of life of a majority of affected individuals. ..
- How to review a scientific paperRajiv Tandon
University of Florida, USA Electronic address
Asian J Psychiatr 11:124-7. 2014..The two formal products of this activity are separate sets of reviewer comments to the editor and the authors and these are described. Ethical aspects of the process are considered and rewards accruing to the reviewer summarized. ..
- Definition and description of schizophrenia in the DSM-5Rajiv Tandon
Department of Psychiatry, University of Florida Medical School, Gainesville, FL, USA Electronic address
Schizophr Res 150:3-10. 2013....
- Does change in definition of psychotic symptoms in diagnosis of schizophrenia in DSM-5 affect caseness?Rajiv Tandon
Department of Psychiatry, University of Florida Medical School, Gainesville, FL 32610 3424, USA
Asian J Psychiatr 6:330-2. 2013..DSM-5 changes in criteria A should have a negligible effect on the prevalence of schizophrenia, with over 98% of individuals with DSM-IV schizophrenia continuing to receive a DSM-5 diagnosis of schizophrenia in this dataset. ..
- The nosology of schizophrenia: toward DSM-5 and ICD-11Rajiv Tandon
Department of Psychiatry, University of Florida, PO Box 103424, Gainesville, FL 32610 3424, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 35:557-69. 2012....
- Schizophrenia, "just the facts" 5. Treatment and prevention. Past, present, and futureRajiv Tandon
University of Florida, Department of Psychiatry, FL, USA
Schizophr Res 122:1-23. 2010..We evaluate the potential contribution of pharmacogenomics and other biological markers in optimizing individual treatment and outcome in the future...
- Antipsychotics in the treatment of schizophrenia: an overviewRajiv Tandon
Department of Psychiatry, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610 3424, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 72:4-8. 2011....
- Catatonia in DSM-5Rajiv Tandon
Department of Psychiatry, University of Florida Medical School, Gainesville, FL, USA
Schizophr Res 150:26-30. 2013..These changes should improve the consistent recognition of catatonia across the range of psychiatric disorders and facilitate its specific treatment...
- Schizoaffective Disorder in the DSM-5Dolores Malaspina
Department of Psychiatry, New York University, New York, NY, USA Creedmoor Psychiatric Center, New York State Office of Mental Health, USA Electronic address
Schizophr Res 150:21-5. 2013....
- Structure of the psychotic disorders classification in DSM-5Stephan Heckers
Department of Psychiatry, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA Electronic address
Schizophr Res 150:11-4. 2013..The structure of psychosis as outlined in the DSM-5 may serve as a stepping-stone towards a more valid classification system, as we await new data to redefine psychotic disorders...
- Defining and measuring clinical effectiveness in the treatment of schizophreniaHenry A Nasrallah
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0559, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:273-82. 2005..This report describes an approach to define and measure the clinical effectiveness of treatment in achieving these objectives...
- Schizophrenia, "just the facts" 4. Clinical features and conceptualizationRajiv Tandon
Department of Psychiatry, University of Florida College of Medicine, P O Box 100256, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Schizophr Res 110:1-23. 2009..Possible implications for DSM-V and ICD-11 definitions of schizophrenia are discussed...
- Schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders in DSM-5Rajiv Tandon
University of Florida, P O Box 103424, Gainesville, FL 32610 3424
Clin Schizophr Relat Psychoses 7:16-9. 2013..In this article, major likely revisions in the DSM-5 (due to be published in May 2013) criteria for schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders are summarized and their implications for clinical practice are discussed...
- Efficacy, safety, and tolerability of quetiapine in patients with schizophreniaHenry A Nasrallah
Department of Psychiatry, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Miss, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 63:12-20. 2002..This article will review the clinical trials examining the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of quetiapine in the treatment of patients with schizophrenia...
- Schizophrenia, "Just the Facts" 6. Moving ahead with the schizophrenia concept: from the elephant to the mouseMatcheri S Keshavan
Department of Psychiatry, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Massachusetts Mental Health Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Schizophr Res 127:3-13. 2011..The mouse may be the way to rescue the trapped elephant!..
- Validation of the Investigator's Assessment Questionnaire, a new clinical tool for relative assessment of response to antipsychotics in patients with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorderRajiv Tandon
Department of Psychiatry Adjunct, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Psychiatry Res 136:211-21. 2005..35 days in the study and a decrease in CGI-I of 0.21 units. These results provide initial validation of the IAQ as a tool for evaluating antipsychotic response in patients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder...
- Lurasidone in the treatment of schizophrenia: a critical evaluationDawn Bruijnzeel
University of Florida College of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, 1149 Newell Drive, L4 100, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA 1 352 376 1611, ext 4381
Expert Opin Pharmacother 16:1559-65. 2015..In order to use it optimally, it is important to understand its pharmacological and clinical nature and its comparative effectiveness to other antipsychotic agents in the treatment of schizophrenia...
- Antipsychotic treatment of schizophrenia: an updateDawn Bruijnzeel
Department of Psychiatry, University of Florida College of Medicine, 1149 Newell Drive, L4 100, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Asian J Psychiatr 11:3-7. 2014..Even as rapid neuroscience advances promise revolutionary improvements in the future, a thoughtful and disciplined approach can provide enhanced outcomes for all schizophrenia patients today. ..
- Practicing evidence-based psychiatry: 1. Applying a study's findings: The threats to validity approachBabu Rankupalli
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Asian J Psychiatr 3:35-40. 2010..We discuss the results of Clinical Antipsychotic Trial of Intervention Effectiveness (CATIE) in schizophrenia and consider the threats to the different forms of validity in CATIE...
- Practicing evidence-based psychiatry. 3. Interpreting treatment guidelinesAshley Clark
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Asian J Psychiatr 4:304-8. 2011....