Affiliation: University of Kansas Medical Center
- Influence of Mycobacterium tuberculosis on differential activation of helper T-cellsJ Talreja
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biotechnology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Clin Exp Immunol 131:292-8. 2003..Thus, the reciprocal changes in cytokines, reduced [Ca2+]i levels, and CD54 expression in patients imply phenotype shifting of Th precursors to Th2 type in TB patients...
- Histamine induces Toll-like receptor 2 and 4 expression in endothelial cells and enhances sensitivity to Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacterial cell wall componentsJaya Talreja
Division of Allergy, Clinical Immunology, and Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, The University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, USA
Immunology 113:224-33. 2004..These results demonstrate that histamine up-regulates the expression of TLR2 and TLR4 and amplifies endothelial cell inflammatory responses to Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacterial components...
- Immunophenotypic and intracellular cytokine profile of Indian patients with tuberculosis with and without human immunodeficiency virus co-infectionA Wanchu
Department of Internal Medicine, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci 51:207-11. 2009..Tuberculosis (TB) occurs in more than 50% of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infected Indian patients. This study was carried out to determine the immunophenotypic and intracellular cytokine profile of patients with HIV-TB co-infection...
- Human conjunctival epithelial cells lack lipopolysaccharide responsiveness due to deficient expression of MD2 but respond after interferon-gamma priming or soluble MD2 supplementationJaya Talreja
Division of Allergy, Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Mail Stop 2026, The University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Inflammation 29:170-81. 2005..These results demonstrate that HCEC lack LPS responsiveness due to deficient expression of MD2 and that the response can be restored by IFN-gamma priming or MD2 supplementation...
- Histamine directly and synergistically with lipopolysaccharide stimulates cyclooxygenase-2 expression and prostaglandin I(2) and E(2) production in human coronary artery endothelial cellsXiaoyu Tan
Division of Allergy, Clinical Immunology, and Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Immunol 179:7899-906. 2007..Thus, histamine plays an important role in the regulation of COX-2 expression and prostanoid homeostasis in vascular endothelium...
- Constitutive expression of functionally active protease-activated receptors 1 and 2 in human conjunctival epithelial cellsTimothy J Nickel
Department of Medicine, Division of Allergy, Clinical Immunology, and Rheumatology, The University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, 66160, USA
Mediators Inflamm 2006:61359. 2006..The constitutive expression of PAR1 and PAR2, and their activation by thrombin and tryptase, respectively, may have important implications in ocular inflammation...