John A Talbott
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- The rights of americans with mental illnessJohn A Talbott
Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 199:578-84. 2011..Finally, it concludes with a discussion of how the entire area of rights has been swept up in a larger attempt to achieve a federal Bill of Patients' Rights and then a Health Reform Act in 2010...
- The evolution and current status of public-academic partnerships in psychiatryJohn A Talbott
Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:15-6. 2008....
- Professionalism: why now, what is it, how do we do something?John A Talbott
HELPERS PRO, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Cancer Educ 21:118-22. 2006..The subjects of professionalism and medical humanism are of concern to all medical schools in the United States as well as the object of numerous reports and scientific papers...
- Professionalism, medical humanism, and clinical bioethics: The new wave-does psychiatry have a role?John A Talbott
University of Maryland School of Medicine, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 12:384-90. 2006..Finally, they suggest ways in which psychiatrists can play a more active role in this new direction in medical care and education...
- Professionalism in the health sciences: lessons learned from its definition, evaluation, and teaching in a medical schoolJohn A Talbott
Psychiatry at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, 701 West Pratt Street, Room 322, Baltimore, MD, 21201, USA
J Vet Med Educ 32:237-41. 2005..While the vignettes presented here are taken from human medicine, readers in other health professions should be readily able to translate them into their own spheres of interest...
- [The future of psychiatry: a reply to Apollon, Bergeron and Cantin]John A Talbott
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA
Sante Ment Que 30:Suppl 29-34. 2005
- Lessons learned about the chronic mentally ill since 1955. 1994John A Talbott
Psychiatr Serv 55:1152-9. 2004
- A proposal for future funding of chronic and episodic mental illness. 1986John A Talbott
Psychiatr Serv 55:1145-9. 2004
- Position statement: a call to action for the chronic mental patient. 1979John A Talbott
Psychiatr Serv 55:1118-23. 2004
- Care of the chronically mentally ill--still a national disgrace. 1979John A Talbott
Psychiatr Serv 55:1116-7. 2004
- Deinstitutionalization: avoiding the disasters of the past. 1979John A Talbott
Psychiatr Serv 55:1112-5. 2004
- The emerging crisis in chronic care. 1981John A Talbott
Psychiatr Serv 55:1111. 2004