Affiliation: University of California
- National conference to assess antibody-mediated rejection in solid organ transplantationSteven K Takemoto
Dumont Transplant Program and Immunogenetics Center, UCLA School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Transplant 4:1033-41. 2004..Immunologic barriers once considered insurmountable are now consistently overcome to enable more patients to undergo organ transplantation...
- All chronic rejection failures of kidney transplants were preceded by the development of HLA antibodiesPo Chang Lee
Department of Surgery, Medical College, University Hospital, National Cheng Kung University, 138 Sheng Li Road, Tainan, Taiwan 704
Transplantation 74:1192-4. 2002..Recent studies show that almost all patients who have rejected a kidney transplant had human leukocyte antigen (HLA) antibodies. In this study, we sought to determine whether patients develop HLA antibodies before chronic rejection...
- Immunosuppression: practice and trendsJ Harold Helderman
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
Am J Transplant 3:41-52. 2003
- Putting one objection to HLA matching on iceJ Michael Cecka
Am J Transplant 2:295-6. 2002
- Increased risk of graft failure in kidney transplant recipients after a diagnosis of dyspepsia or gastroesophageal reflux diseaseLuca Neri
Center for Outcomes Research, Saint Louis University, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Transplantation 85:344-52. 2008..We examined the incidence and predictors of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and dyspepsia and their associations with graft survival and mortality after transplant...
- Incidence and risk factors for diarrhea following kidney transplantation and association with graft loss and mortalitySuphamai Bunnapradist
David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 51:478-86. 2008..Gastrointestinal complications after kidney transplantation are associated with inferior graft outcomes. We examined the incidence, risk factors, and outcomes of posttransplantation diarrhea...
- Incidence, predictors, and associated outcomes of atrial fibrillation after kidney transplantationKrista L Lentine
St Louis University Center for Outcomes Research, Salus Center 2nd Floor, 3545 Lafayette Avenue, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 1:288-96. 2006..Appropriate risk stratification may identify transplant recipients who are in need of close monitoring for and management of this adverse cardiovascular event...
- The impact of human leukocyte antigen matching on transplant complications and immunosuppression dosageSelda Emre Aydingoz
Center for Outcomes Research, Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, MO 63104, USA
Hum Immunol 68:491-9. 2007..However, HLA-matched deceased donor recipients received lower dosages of mycophenolate mofetil and manifested a lower risk of developing posttransplant diarrhea...
- Health insurance considerations for adolescent transplant recipients as they transition to adulthoodLisa M Willoughby
Department of Internal Medicine, Center for Outcomes Research, Saint Louis University, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Pediatr Transplant 11:127-31. 2007..The purpose of this article was to review these and other issues pertaining to medical insurance coverage and transplantation, particularly for adolescent recipients as they transition to adulthood...
- HLA mismatching within or outside of cross-reactive groups (CREGs) is associated with similar outcomes after unrelated hematopoietic stem cell transplantationJudith A Wade
Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Blood 109:4064-70. 2007..001). For patients without an HLA match, the selection of a CREG-compatible donor as tested does not improve outcome...
- Outcomes of renal transplantation for recipients with lupus nephritis: analysis of the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network databaseSuphamai Bunnapradist
Transplantation 82:612-8. 2006..Outcomes were similar regardless of type of calcineurin inhibitor, induction therapy, and time on dialysis. We conclude that lupus transplant recipients have outcomes generally equivalent to non-lupus transplant recipients...
- Agreement of immunosuppression regimens described in Medicare pharmacy claims with the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network surveyPaula M Stirnemann
Saint Louis University Center for Outcomes Research, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:2299-306. 2006..Low detection rates of OPTN-indicated corticosteroid use within claims require further examination...
- Report of the American Society of Transplantation conference on immunosuppressive drugs and the use of generic immunosuppressantsRita R Alloway
University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, Cincinnati OH, USA
Am J Transplant 3:1211-5. 2003..There was also strong support in favor of requiring studies to demonstrate bioequivalence in potentially at-risk patient populations, specifically African-Americans and pediatric patients...
- Graft survival following living-donor renal transplantation: a comparison of tacrolimus and cyclosporine microemulsion with mycophenolate mofetil and steroidsSuphamai Bunnapradist
Multiorgan Transplant Program, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Transplantation 76:10-5. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: Our findings demonstrate that 2-year renal allograft survival is significantly higher in living-donor recipients receiving CsA compared with tac as initial immunosuppression in combination with MMF...
- Expanding the evidence base in transplantation: the complementary roles of randomized controlled trials and outcomes researchSteven K Takemoto
National Institute of Transplantation, S Mark Taper Foundation Transplant Center, Los Angeles, CA 90057, USA
Transplantation 86:18-25. 2008..A case is made for regulatory and reimbursement authorities to use outcomes research when making efficacy, effectiveness, and coverage decisions in transplantation...
- IDENTIFICATION OF DOMINANT HUMAN ALLO EPITOPESSteven Takemoto; Fiscal Year: 2002..Significance of this research applies to all fields of transplantation where MHC matching has an influence on graft outcome. ..