Lois M Takahashi
Affiliation: University of California
- Hepatitis B among Pacific Islanders in Southern California: how is health information associated with screening and vaccination?Lois M Takahashi
Department of Urban Planning, UCLA, Box 951656, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1656, USA
J Community Health 36:47-55. 2011....
- HIV testing behavior among Pacific Islanders in Southern California: exploring the importance of race/ethnicity, knowledge, and domestic violenceLois M Takahashi
Department of Urban Planning, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1656, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 23:54-64. 2011..As U.S. Pacific Islanders experience a high degree of HIV health disparities, additional research is needed to clarify the links among race/ethnicity, intimate partner/relationship violence, and HIV testing behavior...
- HIV and AIDS in suburban Asian and Pacific Islander communities: factors influencing self-efficacy in HIV risk reductionLois M Takahashi
Department of Urban Planning UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1656, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 18:529-45. 2006..Implications for HIV prevention programs and future research are provided...
- Building capacity for HIV/AIDS prevention among Asian Pacific Islander organizations: the experience of a culturally appropriate capacity-building program in Southern CaliforniaLois M Takahashi
Department of Urban Planning, University of California at Los Angeles, 90095, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract . 2007....
- Disruptive social capital: (un)healthy socio-spatial interactions among Filipino men living with HIV/AIDSLois M Takahashi
Department of Urban Planning, University of California Los Angeles UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1656, USA
Health Place 14:182-97. 2008..An analysis of interviews with 52 Filipino men living with HIV/AIDS in Los Angeles shows the inextricable nature of these (dis)advantages...