Diana M Taibi
Affiliation: University of Washington
- A systematic review of valerian as a sleep aid: safe but not effectiveDiana M Taibi
Women s Health Nursing Research Training Grant, Department of Family and Child Nursing, University of Washington, Box 357262, Seattle, WA 98195 7262, USA
Sleep Med Rev 11:209-30. 2007..Overall, the evidence, while supporting that valerian is a safe herb associated with only rare adverse events, does not support the clinical efficacy of valerian as a sleep aid for insomnia...
- A feasibility study of valerian extract for sleep disturbance in person with arthritisDiana M Taibi
Department of Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7266, USA
Biol Res Nurs 10:409-17. 2009..To present a pilot study of valerian to explore issues of feasibility and efficacy in studies of sedative herbs for arthritis-related sleep disturbance...
- Pharmacokinetics of valerenic acid after single and multiple doses of valerian in older womenGail D Anderson
Department of Pharmacy, Schools of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Phytother Res 24:1442-6. 2010..In conclusion, large variability in the pharmacokinetics of valerenic acid may contribute to the inconsistencies in the effect of valerian as a sleep aid...
- A randomized clinical trial of valerian fails to improve self-reported, polysomnographic, and actigraphic sleep in older women with insomniaDiana M Taibi
Department of Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, School of Nursing, University of Washington, Box 357266, Seattle, WA 98195 7262, USA
Sleep Med 10:319-28. 2009..To test the effects of nightly valerian (Valeriana officinalis) extract to improve sleep of older women with insomnia...
- Concordance of polysomnographic and actigraphic measurement of sleep and wake in older women with insomniaDiana M Taibi
Departments of Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, University of Washington, School of Nursing, Seattle, WA 98195 7262, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 9:217-25. 2013..The objective of this secondary analysis was to evaluate concurrent validity of actigraphy and polysomnography (PSG) in older women with insomnia...
- A pilot study of gentle yoga for sleep disturbance in women with osteoarthritisDiana M Taibi
Department of Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7262, USA
Sleep Med 12:512-7. 2011..The purpose of this study was to test the feasibility and acceptability of a gentle yoga intervention for sleep disturbance in older women with osteoarthritis (OA) and to collect initial efficacy data on the intervention...
- Yoga for osteoarthritis: nursing and research considerationsDiana M Taibi
Departments of Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 38:26-35; quiz 36-7. 2012..This article also describes considerations for patients and health care providers when evaluating the potential usefulness and safety of yoga programs: yoga style, instructor qualifications, and amount of time spent in yoga practice...
- Sleep disturbances in persons living with HIVDiana M Taibi
Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care 24:S72-85. 2013..Treatment of insomnia and OSAS is important for improving quality of life and preventing associated health problems (especially cardiovascular disease in OSAS) in PLWH...
- Valerian use for sleep disturbances related to rheumatoid arthritisDiana M Taibi
Center for the Study of Complementary and Alternative Therapies, University of Virginia, School of Nursing, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Holist Nurs Pract 18:120-6. 2004..The herb valerian may be useful as a mild sleep aid in clinical populations, such as persons with rheumatoid arthritis. This article reviews valerian to inform healthcare providers of potential uses and safety considerations...
- Effect of Valerian Root on Sleep in Rheumatoid ArthritisDiana Taibi; Fiscal Year: 2005..Between-groups and within-subjects differences will be analyzed using mixed effects ANCOVA models. The study is supported in part by the University of Virginia GCRC. ..