James H Tabibian
Affiliation: University of California
- Hepatitis B and C among veterans on a psychiatric wardJames H Tabibian
Department of Psychiatry, West Los Angeles Veteran s Affair s Hospital, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, 1440 Veteran Ave 601, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Dig Dis Sci 53:1693-8. 2008..Several risk factors were associated with exposure. Inpatient psychiatric veterans seem to have increased rates of hepatitis B and C exposure. This highlights the need for prevention of risk behavior in this vulnerable population...
- Combined inferior vena cava & renal vein thromboses: case and synopsis of thromboembolism in inflammatory bowel diseaseJames H Tabibian
Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Medscape J Med 10:6. 2008..Our patient presented with nonspecific symptoms that would not immediately raise clinical suspicion of severe thromboembolism, and thus we provide our recommendations for diagnosis and treatment...
- Intraductal oncocytic papillary neoplasm of the liver: case and review of a rare variantJames H Tabibian
Dumont UCLA Liver Transplant Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Ann Hepatol 7:168-73. 2008..This case adds to the little that is known about the behavior of IOPN and supports the observation that resection, or OLT when resection is not possible, is a valid treatment option...
- Doxycycline-induced pseudotumor cerebriJames H Tabibian
Division of Dermatology, Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
South Med J 102:310-1. 2009..Furthermore, in the setting of new-onset headaches or visual changes, early ophthalmologic examination for papilledema is recommended for early diagnosis...
- Local thrombolysis: a newer approach to treating inflammatory bowel disease-related thromboembolismJames H Tabibian
UCLA Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Digestive Diseases, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 43:391-8. 2009..To review the experience with a relatively novel treatment, local thrombolysis, in patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)-related thromboembolism (TE)...
- Endoscopic treatment with multiple stents for post-liver-transplantation nonanastomotic biliary stricturesJames H Tabibian
Dumont University of California Los Angeles Liver Transplant Center and UCLA Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases, Los Angeles, California, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 69:1236-43. 2009..Although data strongly support ERCP for treating anastomotic strictures, the little information available for the role of ERCP in the treatment of nonanastomotic strictures (NAS) has been unpromising...
- Endoscopic treatment of postorthotopic liver transplantation anastomotic biliary strictures with maximal stent therapy (with video)James H Tabibian
Dumont UCLA Liver Transplant Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 71:505-12. 2010..The optimal endoscopic protocol for treating postorthotopic liver transplantation (OLT) anastomotic biliary strictures (ABSs) has not been established...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma in a hepatitis C patient with sustained viral response and no fibrosisJames H Tabibian
Department of Internal Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Ann Hepatol 8:64-7. 2009..This case raises question regarding the carcinogenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma as a sequela of chronic hepatitis C in noncirrhotic liver and moreover after achieving sustained virological response...