Marc T Swogger
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Domestic violence and psychopathic traits: distinguishing the antisocial batterer from other antisocial offendersMarc T Swogger
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, Illinois, USA
Aggress Behav 33:253-60. 2007..Implications are discussed in light of specialized treatments for batterers...
- Dimensions of psychopathy in relation to suicidal and self-injurious behaviorMarc T Swogger
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, 300 Crittenden Boulevard, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Pers Disord 23:201-10. 2009..Present findings refine previous results from studies using the two-factor PCL:SV model and have important implications for the assessment of suicide risk...
- Psychopathy and axis I psychiatric disorders among criminal offenders: relationships to impulsive and proactive aggressionMarc T Swogger
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Aggress Behav 36:45-53. 2010..Moreover, current findings raise the possibility that generalized anxiety is a key, modifiable component of the relationship between IA and impulsive-antisocial traits...
- Childhood physical abuse, aggression, and suicide attempts among criminal offendersMarc T Swogger
University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
Psychiatry Res 185:363-7. 2011....
- Childhood abuse and harmful substance use among criminal offendersMarc T Swogger
University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Addict Behav 36:1205-12. 2011..Findings underscore the importance of assessing childhood abuse and treating anxiety and depression among offenders who exhibit harmful substance use...
- Substance-induced depression and independent depression in proximal risk for suicidal behaviorKenneth R Conner
University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, Veterans Affairs VISN2 Center of Excellence for Suicide Prevention, Canandaigua Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Canandaigua, New York
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 75:567-72. 2014..SID also contributes substantial risk in this population overall. Future research should test the hypothesis that IND confers greater risk than SID at the individual level. (J. Stud. Alcohol Drugs, 75, 567-572, 2014). ..
- A test of the reactive aggression-suicidal behavior hypothesis: is there a case for proactive aggression?Kenneth R Conner
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 118:235-40. 2009..Moreover, sex served as a moderator, with PA showing an association with suicide attempt among men but not women. Results indicate the need for additional studies of PA and suicidal behavior...
- Psychopathy, IQ, and violence in European American and African American county jail inmatesZach Walsh
Department of Psychology, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 3333 Green Bay Road, North Chicago, IL 60064, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 72:1165-9. 2004..No Psychopathy x IQ interactions were identified. Implications of these results for violence prediction are discussed...
- Stressful life events and suicidal behavior in adults with alcohol use disorders: role of event severity, timing, and typeKenneth R Conner
University of Rochester Medical Center, 300 Crittenden Boulevard, Rochester, NY 14642, USA kenneth
Drug Alcohol Depend 120:155-61. 2012..Stressful life events (SLEs) play a key role in suicidal behavior among adults with alcohol use disorders (AUD), yet there are meager data on the severity of SLEs preceding suicidal behavior or the timing of such events...