Dallas T Swendeman
Affiliation: University of California
- HIV partner notification: predictors of discussion and agreements from provider reportsDallas T Swendeman
Semel Institute, Center for Community Health, University of California, 10920 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 350, Los Angeles, CA 90024 6521, USA
AIDS Behav 13:573-81. 2009..Organizational and provider-level interventions on PN will be needed to realize cost-effective benefits of expanded HIV testing and counseling...
- Innovation in sexually transmitted disease and HIV prevention: internet and mobile phone delivery vehicles for global diffusionDallas Swendeman
University of California, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
Curr Opin Psychiatry 23:139-44. 2010..Information and communication technology such as the Internet and mobile phones can deliver behavioral components for STD/HIV prevention and care to more people at less cost...
- Common elements in self-management of HIV and other chronic illnesses: an integrative frameworkDallas Swendeman
Global Center for Children and Families, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
AIDS Care 21:1321-34. 2009....
- Empowering sex workers in India to reduce vulnerability to HIV and sexually transmitted diseasesDallas Swendeman
Center for Community Health, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Soc Sci Med 69:1157-66. 2009..This study's results demonstrate that, compared to narrowcast clinical and prevention services alone, empowerment strategies can significantly impact a broader range of factors to reduce vulnerability to HIV/STDs...
- Predictors of HIV-related stigma among young people living with HIVDallas Swendeman
University of California, Los Angeles AIDS Institute and Center for HIV Identification, Prevention, and Treatment Services, Los Angeles, California, USA
Health Psychol 25:501-9. 2006..Gay or bisexual YPLH who were also HIV symptomatic or AIDS diagnosed experienced more HIV stigma than their heterosexual peers...
- Risk behaviors of youth living with HIV: pre- and post-HAARTMarguerita Lightfoot
Center for Community Health, AIDS Institute, Department of Psychiatry, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Health Behav 29:162-71. 2005..To examine the transmission behavior among youth living with HIV (YLH), pre- and post-HAART...
- Prevention for substance-using HIV-positive young people: telephone and in-person deliveryMary Jane Rotheram-Borus
Department of Psychiatry and AIDS Institute, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 37:S68-77. 2004..Prevention programs can be delivered in alternative formats while retaining efficacy. When YPLH are using hard drugs, drug treatment may be needed before delivery of preventive interventions...
- The past, present, and future of HIV prevention: integrating behavioral, biomedical, and structural intervention strategies for the next generation of HIV preventionMary Jane Rotheram-Borus
Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California Los Angeles, CA 90024 6521, USA
Annu Rev Clin Psychol 5:143-67. 2009..The next generation of HIV prevention science must draw from the successes of existing evidence-based interventions and the expertise of the market sector to integrate preventive innovations and behaviors into everyday routines...
- Common principles embedded in effective adolescent HIV prevention programsMary Jane Rotheram-Borus
Global Center for Children and Families, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
AIDS Behav 13:387-98. 2009..Focusing on common features rather than the unique properties of each EB program may allow community providers to have more flexibility and ownership in adapting EB programs, and may also facilitate development of new EB program...
- Family wellness, not HIV preventionMary Jane Rotheram-Borus
Global Center for Children and Families, University of California, 10920 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 350, Los Angeles, CA 90024 6521, USA
AIDS Behav 13:409-13. 2009....
- Common factors in effective HIV prevention programsMary Jane Rotheram-Borus
UCLA Global Center for Children and Families, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, 10920 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 350, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
AIDS Behav 13:399-408. 2009..A focus on common factors will enhance research on new HIV prevention interventions, encourage collaboration among researchers, provide guidelines for adapting EBI, and simplify and speed the adoption of EBI for providers...
- Prevention for HIV-seropositive persons: successive approximation toward a new identityMarguerita Lightfoot
Center for Community Health, Neuropsychiatric Institute, University of California Los Angeles, USA
Behav Modif 29:227-55. 2005..Outcomes of the intervention are presented as well as issues of cost-effectiveness, feasibility, and alternative implementation strategies...
- Differences among sexually abused and nonabused youth living with HIVHenry D Anaya
U S Department of Veterans Affairs
J Interpers Violence 20:1547-59. 2005..The high frequencies of two positive styles of coping among abused YLH were also observed...
- Risk among young gay and bisexual men living with HIVRosa Solorio
University of California, Los Angeles, Department of Family Medicine, 90095 7087, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 15:80-9. 2003..Care providers need to screen youth for sexual orientation and behaviors at a young age and inquire about age of partners, substance use, and history of sexual abuse...
- Use of HAART among young people living with HIVW Scott Comulada
Department of Psychiatry, UCLA, Center for Community Health, Los Angeles, CA 90024 6521, USA
Am J Health Behav 27:389-400. 2003..To examine HAART use...
- Posttrial HIV vaccine adoption: concerns, motivators, and intentions among persons at risk for HIVPeter A Newman
Faculty of Social Work, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 37:1393-403. 2004....
- Predictors of intervention adherence among young people living with HIVJuwon Song
Department of Statistics, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
Am J Health Behav 30:136-46. 2006..To examine adherence to a 23-session intervention for young people living with HIV...
- Mobilizing collective identity to reduce HIV risk among sex workers in Sonagachi, India: the boundaries, consciousness, negotiation frameworkToorjo Ghose
School of Social Policy and Practice, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Soc Sci Med 67:311-20. 2008....
- HIV vaccine trial participation among ethnic minority communities: barriers, motivators, and implications for recruitmentPeter A Newman
Faculty of Social Work, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 41:210-7. 2006..We explored perceived barriers and motivators regarding HIV vaccine trial participation among low-socioeconomic ethnic minority respondents at risk for HIV...
- HIV prevention among sex workers in IndiaIshika Basu
STD HIV Intervention Programme, Calcutta, India
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 36:845-52. 2004..This study supports the efficacy of the Sonagachi model intervention in increasing condom use and maintaining low HIV prevalence among sex workers...