Nancy K Sweitzer
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Diagnosis and management of stage a heart failureMohan Shenoy
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53792 3220, USA
Congest Heart Fail 12:146-52. 2006..Given the size of the population at risk, through increased awareness of heart failure risk and aggressive treatment, health care providers can critically impact this public health concern...
- Left ventricular responses to acute changes in late systolic pressure augmentation in older adultsNancy K Sweitzer
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Am J Hypertens 26:866-71. 2013..We explored the potential for acute reductions in late systolic pressure augmentation to impact left ventricular relaxation in older persons without heart failure...
- Cardiology patient page. What is an angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor?Nancy K Sweitzer
Heart Failure Program, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, E5 582 CSC Mail Code 5710, 600 Highland Ave, Madison, Wis 53792, USA
Circulation 108:e16-8. 2003
- Increases in central aortic impedance precede alterations in arterial stiffness measures in type 1 diabetesNancy K Sweitzer
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Diabetes Care 30:2886-91. 2007..This study was performed to define early changes in central arterial properties in a group of young individuals with type 1 diabetes...
- Comparison of clinical features and outcomes of patients hospitalized with heart failure and normal ejection fraction (> or =55%) versus those with mildly reduced (40% to 55%) and moderately to severely reduced (<40%) fractionsNancy K Sweitzer
University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Am J Cardiol 101:1151-6. 2008..These observations may be important considerations in the design of future clinical trials...
- Decreased T-cell responses to influenza vaccination in patients with heart failureOrly Vardeny
University of Wisconsin, Madison, 53705 2222, USA
Pharmacotherapy 30:10-6. 2010..To determine whether T-cell immune responses to influenza vaccination in patients with chronic heart failure (CHF) are less vigorous than the responses of healthy control subjects...
- Decreased cardiac functional reserve in heart failure with preserved systolic functionHolly S Norman
Department of Physiology, Universityof Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 601 Science Drive, Madison, WI 53711, USA
J Card Fail 17:301-8. 2011..We hypothesized that recruitable contractility is impaired in HFpEF, accounting for the appearance of symptoms with exertion...
- Double dose vs. standard dose influenza vaccination in patients with heart failure: a pilot studyAmy Van Ermen
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Eur J Heart Fail 15:560-4. 2013..We hypothesized that patients with heart failure randomized to double dose (DD) influenza vaccine will mount more vigorous humoral immune responses compared with those given standard dose (SD) vaccine...
- Effects of the HeartMate II left ventricular assist device as observed by serial echocardiographyCarrie B Chapman
Cardiovascular Medicine Division, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Echocardiography 30:513-20. 2013..The HeartMate II is the most frequently used left ventricular assist device (LVAD) in patients with end-stage heart failure. There is a paucity of data regarding its longitudinal cardiac effects, particularly that on diastole...
- The beta2 adrenergic receptor Gln27Glu polymorphism affects insulin resistance in patients with heart failure: possible modulation by choice of beta blockerOrly Vardeny
University of Wisconsin School of Pharmacy, Pharmacy Practice Division, Madison, WI 53705 2222, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 52:500-6. 2008..Future studies are needed to confirm whether treatment with carvedilol may be associated with decreased insulin and insulin resistance in beta2-AR codon 27 Gln carriers...
- To explant or not to explant: an invasive and noninvasive monitoring protocol to determine the need of continued ventricular assist device supportSatoru Osaki
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792 3236, USA
Congest Heart Fail 15:58-62. 2009..This patient was transplanted. This current experience of VAD weaning protocol is a novel tool to identify candidates for successful VAD explantation...
- Measuring health-related quality of life in population-based studies of coronary heart disease: comparing six generic indexes and a disease-specific proxy scoreNoelle C Garster
Department of Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, WARF Office Building Room 707, 610 Walnut Street, Madison, WI 53726, USA
Qual Life Res 18:1239-47. 2009..To compare HRQoL differences with CHD in generic indexes and a proxy CVD-specific score in a nationally representative sample of U.S. adults...
- Decreased immune responses to influenza vaccination in patients with heart failureOrly Vardeny
University of Wisconsin School of Pharmacy, Madison, Wisconsin 53705 2222, USA
J Card Fail 15:368-73. 2009..Both humoral (antibody) and cytotoxic T-lymphocyte (CTL) responses are important for protection. We explored antibody- and CTL-mediated responses to the influenza vaccine in HF patients compared with healthy controls...
- Oophorectomy, hormone therapy, and subclinical coronary artery disease in women with hysterectomy: the Women's Health Initiative coronary artery calcium studyMatthew A Allison
University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Menopause 15:639-47. 2008..In this study, we aimed to determine the associations between coronary artery calcium (CAC) and hysterectomy, oophorectomy, and hormone therapy use with a focus on the duration of menopause for which there was no hormone therapy use...
- Assessment of diastolic function with Doppler tissue imaging to predict genotype in preclinical hypertrophic cardiomyopathyCarolyn Y Ho
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Circulation 105:2992-7. 2002..Altered diastolic function has been hypothesized to represent an earlier manifestation of HCM before the development of LVH; however, data regarding the clinical utility of imaging techniques that assess this parameter are limited...