Affiliation: University of California
- Efficacy of individual auditory training in adults: a systematic review of the evidenceRobert Sweetow
University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
J Am Acad Audiol 16:494-504. 2005..In addition, elements critical to the future of auditory training research and clinical practice are offered...
- Variables predicting outcomes on listening and communication enhancement (LACE) trainingJennifer Henderson Sabes
Department of Audiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0340, USA
Int J Audiol 46:374-83. 2007..Information collected from both the testing and the counseling of the patient should be taken into consideration when determining whether to proceed with LACE training...
- Effects of acoustical stimuli delivered through hearing aids on tinnitusRobert W Sweetow
University of California, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
J Am Acad Audiol 21:461-73. 2010..Fractal tones incorporate many useful characteristics of music while avoiding certain features that could be distracting to some individuals...
- Phase III results with a totally implantable piezoelectric middle ear implant: speech audiometry, spatial hearing and psychosocial adjustmentH Peter Zenner
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Tubingen, Germany
Acta Otolaryngol 124:155-64. 2004..Its titanium-sealed microphone is placed in the bony region of the ear canal. The incus-coupled transducer (actuator), which is also inside a titanium casing, is fastened to the adjacent bone...
- Considerations for cochlear implantation of children with sudden, fluctuating hearing lossRobert W Sweetow
University of California, San Francisco, 400 Parnassus Ave, A705, San Francisco, CA 94143 0340, USA
J Am Acad Audiol 16:770-80. 2005..A number of factors, however, suggest the decision to implant was appropriate. Issues involved in the decision-making process of when to implant are presented and discussed...
- The need for and development of an adaptive Listening and Communication Enhancement (LACE) ProgramRobert W Sweetow
Department of Otolaryngology, University of California, San Francisco, USA
J Am Acad Audiol 17:538-58. 2006..Results showed statistically significant improvements for the trained subjects on all but one of the outcome measures. Barriers facing the widespread implementation of home-based aural rehabilitation are discussed...
- Technologic advances in aural rehabilitation: applications and innovative methods of service deliveryRobert W Sweetow
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Trends Amplif 11:101-11. 2007..The results from a study of the effect of d-amphetamine in conjunction with intensive aural rehabilitation with cochlear implant patients are also described...