Affiliation: University of Kentucky
- Perceptions of healthful eating and influences on the food choices of Appalachian youthMark Swanson
Department of Health Behavior, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 45:147-53. 2013..Perceptions of Appalachian youth toward healthful eating and influences on food choice were examined as part of formative research to address these disparities...
- Digital photography as a tool to measure school cafeteria consumptionMark Swanson
Department of Health Behavior, College of Public Health, University of Kentucky, 121 Washington Ave, Lexington, KY 40536 0003, USA
J Sch Health 78:432-7. 2008..This study assesses the use of digital photography as a technique to measure what elementary-aged students select and actually consume from school cafeteria meals...
- Promoting consumption of fruit in elementary school cafeterias. The effects of slicing apples and orangesMark Swanson
University of Kentucky, College of Public Health, Department of Health Behavior, Lexington, KY 40536 0003, United States of America
Appetite 53:264-7. 2009..These findings suggest that school cafeterias can increase accessibility and consumption of foods through simple, inexpensive food preparation techniques, with the impact of such measures varying by foods and student characteristics...
- Intergenerational energy balance interventions: a systematic literature reviewMark Swanson
Department of Health Behavior, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0003, USA
Health Educ Behav 38:171-97. 2011..We discuss implications and future directions of intergenerational energy balance approaches...
- Perspectives on healthy eating among appalachian residentsNancy E Schoenberg
Department of Behavioral Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
J Rural Health 29:s25-34. 2013....
- Perspectives on physical activity and exercise among Appalachian youthMark Swanson
Department of Health Behavior, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
J Phys Act Health 10:42-7. 2013..We sought to understand children's perceptions of PA, with the goal of developing culturally appropriate programming to increase PA...