Mark G Swanson
Affiliation: University of California
- Quantification of choline- and ethanolamine-containing metabolites in human prostate tissues using 1H HR-MAS total correlation spectroscopyMark G Swanson
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, 1700 4th Street, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Magn Reson Med 60:33-40. 2008..7 +/- 2.2%, while Cho+mI and Eth increased 18% in 1 hr at 1 degrees C and a 2250 Hz spin rate...
- Quantitative analysis of prostate metabolites using 1H HR-MAS spectroscopyMark G Swanson
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, 94107, USA
Magn Reson Med 55:1257-64. 2006..7, P < 0.01; [PAs](mean) = 5.28 +/- 5.44, P < 0.01). Serial spectra acquired over 12 hr indicated that the degradation of Cho-containing metabolites was minimized by acquiring HR-MAS data at 1 degree C compared to 20 degrees C...
- Prostate depiction at endorectal MR spectroscopic imaging: investigation of a standardized evaluation systemJuyoung A Jung
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Radiology 233:701-8. 2004..To investigate the accuracy and interobserver variability of a standardized evaluation system for endorectal three-dimensional (3D) magnetic resonance (MR) spectroscopic imaging of the prostate...
- Evaluation of lactate and alanine as metabolic biomarkers of prostate cancer using 1H HR-MAS spectroscopy of biopsy tissuesMay Britt Tessem
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158 2330, USA
Magn Reson Med 60:510-6. 2008..The significant increase in the concentration of both lactate and alanine in biopsy tissue containing as little as 5% cancer could be exploited in hyperpolarized (13)C spectroscopic imaging (SI) studies of prostate cancer patients...
- Proton HR-MAS spectroscopy and quantitative pathologic analysis of MRI/3D-MRSI-targeted postsurgical prostate tissuesMark G Swanson
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 1290, USA
Magn Reson Med 50:944-54. 2003....
- Calculation of gestational age in late second and third trimesters by ex vivo magnetic resonance spectroscopy of amniotic fluidBrad R Cohn
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 203:76.e1-76.e10. 2010....
- Endorectal MR imaging and MR spectroscopic imaging for locally recurrent prostate cancer after external beam radiation therapy: preliminary experienceFergus V Coakley
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Ave, Box 0628, M 372, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
Radiology 233:441-8. 2004..To evaluate endorectal magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and MR spectroscopic imaging for the depiction of locally recurrent prostate cancer after external beam radiation therapy...
- Prostate cancer localization with endorectal MR imaging and MR spectroscopic imaging: effect of clinical data on reader accuracyRajpal Dhingsa
Departments of Radiology, Pathology, and Urology, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
Radiology 230:215-20. 2004....
- Metabolic, pathologic, and genetic analysis of prostate tissues: quantitative evaluation of histopathologic and mRNA integrity after HR-MAS spectroscopyCarissa F Santos
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
NMR Biomed 23:391-8. 2010..This study demonstrates that histopathologic and genetic microarray analysis can be successfully performed on prostate surgical and biopsy tissues following HR-MAS analysis; however, biopsy tissues are more fragile than surgical tissues...
- (1)H HR-MAS spectroscopy for quantitative measurement of choline concentration in amniotic fluid as a marker of fetal lung maturity: inter- and intraobserver reproducibility studyBonnie N Joe
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, 1600 Divisadero St, Room C250, Box 1667, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 28:1540-5. 2008..To determine the intra- and interobserver reproducibility of human amniotic fluid metabolite concentration measurements (including potential markers of fetal lung maturity) detectable by MR spectroscopy...
- Improved signal to noise in high-resolution magic angle spinning total correlation spectroscopy studies of prostate tissues using rotor-synchronized adiabatic pulsesAndrew S Zektzer
Center for Molecular and Functional Imaging, Department of Radiology, University of California, 185 Berry Street, San Francisco, CA 94017, USA
Magn Reson Med 53:41-8. 2005....
- Quantitative metabolic profiles of 2nd and 3rd trimester human amniotic fluid using (1)H HR-MAS spectroscopyBrad R Cohn
Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, University of California, 1600 Divisadero Street, Room C 250, Box 1667, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
MAGMA 22:343-52. 2009..To establish and compare normative metabolite concentrations in 2nd and 3rd trimester human amniotic fluid samples in an effort to reveal metabolic biomarkers of fetal health and development...
- Feasibility of magnetic resonance spectroscopy for evaluating fetal lung maturityMatthew S Clifton
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0570, USA
J Pediatr Surg 41:768-73. 2006..The purpose of this study was to test the feasibility of assessing fetal lung maturity in vivo and ex vivo using MR spectroscopy to determine differences in amniotic fluid choline concentrations between the second and third trimesters...
- Combined magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopic imaging approach to molecular imaging of prostate cancerJohn Kurhanewicz
Magnetic Resonance Science Center, Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 1290, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 16:451-63. 2002....
- Characterization of intervertebral disc degeneration by high-resolution magic angle spinning (HR-MAS) spectroscopyKayvan R Keshari
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, 185 Berry Street, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Magn Reson Med 53:519-27. 2005..The results of this study support the feasibility of using in vivo spectroscopy for detecting chemical changes associated with disc degeneration...
- Quantification of prostate MRSI data by model-based time domain fitting and frequency domain analysisPieter Pels
ESAT SCD, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven Heverlee, Belgium
NMR Biomed 19:188-97. 2006..Comparing the ratios estimated by the TDF and the FDA, the methods predicted the same spectrum type in 17 out of 18 voxels of the in vivo case study (94.4%)...
- Prostate cancer tumor volume: measurement with endorectal MR and MR spectroscopic imagingFergus V Coakley
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, Box 0628, L 308, 505 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
Radiology 223:91-7. 2002..To determine accuracy of magnetic resonance (MR) and three-dimensional (3D) MR spectroscopic imaging in prostate cancer tumor volume measurement...
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy in patients with locally confined prostate cancer: association of prostatic citrate and metabolic atrophy with time on hormone deprivation therapy, PSA level, and biopsy Gleason scoreUllrich G Mueller-Lisse
Institut fur Klinische Radiologie, Klinikum der Ludwig Maximilians Universitaet, Muenchen Innenstadt, Ziemssenstrasse 1, 80336 Muenchen, Germany
Eur Radiol 17:371-8. 2007..MRS detects prostate metabolism in patients with PSA exceeding 0.20 ng/ml after hormone-deprivation therapy...
- Activation of pro-gelatinase B by endometase/matrilysin-2 promotes invasion of human prostate cancer cellsYun Ge Zhao
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and Institute of Molecular Biophysics, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida 32306 4390, USA
J Biol Chem 278:15056-64. 2003..Moreover, MMP-26 and MMP-9 proteins were both expressed in the same human prostate carcinoma tissue samples examined. These results indicate that MMP-26 may be a physiological and pathological activator of pro-MMP-9...
- HR-MAS-pathologic correlation of prostate tissue markersMark Swanson; Fiscal Year: 2006..This excellent research environment combined with the extensive research experience of the mentor will greatly facilitate the completion of the goals set out in this proposal. ..