Thomas R Sutter
Affiliation: University of Memphis
- Coumarins are competitive inhibitors of cytochrome P450 1B1, with equal potency for allelic variantsJennifer S Mammen
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 15:183-8. 2005..We examined whether cytochrome P450 1B1 (CYP1B1) was inhibited by coumarins, whether such inhibition was competitive, and whether inhibition varied between common polymorphic variants of this enzyme...
- Multiple comparisons model-based clustering and ternary pattern tree numerical display of gene response to treatment: procedure and application to the preclinical evaluation of chemopreventive agentsThomas R Sutter
W Harry Feinstone Center for Genomic Research, University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee 38152, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 1:1283-92. 2002..Also, small treatment-specific subsets of genes were identified that may be indicative of additional pharmacophores present in the test compounds...
- Chemical genomics of cancer chemopreventive dithiolethionesQuynh T Tran
Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN 38152, USA
Carcinogenesis 30:480-6. 2009..Together, these findings provide new insight into the actions of clinically relevant and lead dithiolethione analogues...
- 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin-mediated production of reactive oxygen species is an essential step in the mechanism of action to accelerate human keratinocyte differentiationLawrence H Kennedy
Department of Chemistry, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN, USA
Toxicol Sci 132:235-49. 2013..Thus, TCDD-mediated ROS production is a critical step in the mechanism of this chemical to accelerate keratinocyte differentiation...
- 3H-1,2-dithiole-3-thione targets nuclear factor kappaB to block expression of inducible nitric-oxide synthase, prevents hypotension, and improves survival in endotoxemic ratsAsok R Karuri
W Harry Feinstone Center for Genomic Research, University of Memphis, TN 38152, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 317:61-7. 2006..In conclusion, this study identifies new drug classes and targets that may improve the prevention and treatment of septic shock, as well as chronic diseases associated with the NFkappaB and iNOS pathways...
- EGFR regulation of epidermal barrier functionQuynh T Tran
Department of Biological Sciences, The University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee 38152, USA
Physiol Genomics 44:455-69. 2012..These results provide a systems-level understanding of the actions of EGFR signaling to inhibit keratinocyte differentiation, providing new insight into the role of EGFR imbalance in skin pathogenesis...
- 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin increases the expression of genes in the human epidermal differentiation complex and accelerates epidermal barrier formationCarrie Hayes Sutter
W Harry Feinstone Center for Genomic Research, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Memphis, 201 Life Sciences Building, Memphis, TN 38152 3560, USA
Toxicol Sci 124:128-37. 2011..These results indicate that the epidermal permeability barrier is a functional target of the TCDD-activated AHR...
- CYP1B1 is not a major determinant of the disposition of aromatase inhibitors in epithelial cells of invasive ductal carcinomaMostafizur Rahman
W Harry Feinstone Center for Genomic Research, University of Memphis, 201 Life Sciences Building, Memphis, TN 38152, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 36:963-70. 2008..Thus, although both CYP19 and CYP1B1 are expressed in a high percentage of breast cancers, CYP1B1 is not a major determinant of the disposition of AIs...
- Analysis of the CYP1A1 mRNA dose-response in human keratinocytes indicates that relative potencies of dioxins, furans, and PCBs are species and congener specificCarrie H Sutter
Department of Biological Sciences and W Harry Feinstone Center for Genomic Research, University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee 38152 3560, USA
Toxicol Sci 118:704-15. 2010..1, congener-specific differences in REPs and RTFs were observed for human keratinocytes. These congener-specific discrepancies are likely because of differences in interspecies factors that have yet to be defined...
- Protection against aflatoxin B1-induced cytotoxicity by expression of the cloned aflatoxin B1-aldehyde reductases rat AKR7A1 and human AKR7A3Sridevi Bodreddigari
Department of Biology and W Harry Feinstone Center for Genomic Research, University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee 38152, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 21:1134-42. 2008..Overall, these results provide the first direct evidence of a role for rat AKR7A1 and human AKR7A3 in protection against AFB 1-induced cytotoxicity and protein adduct formation...
- Analyzing microarray data with transitive directed acyclic graphsVinhthuy Phan
Department of Computer Science, The University of Memphis, Memphis, TN 38152, USA
J Bioinform Comput Biol 7:135-56. 2009..The advantages and overall utility of the method in elaborating drug structure activity relationships are exemplified in a controlled study with real and simulated data...
- Yap1 activation by H2O2 or thiol-reactive chemicals elicits distinct adaptive gene responsesXiaoguang Ouyang
Department of Biological Sciences and W Harry Feinstone Center for Genomic Research, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN 38152 3560, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 50:1-13. 2011..These findings demonstrate that the distinct mechanisms of Yap1 activation by H(2)O(2) or thiol-reactive chemicals result in selective expression of protective genes...
- Collection and storage of human blood and adipose for genomic analysis of clinical samplesAnn K Cashion
College of Nursing, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 920 Madison, Suite 507 N, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Res Nurs Health 34:408-18. 2011..Affymetrix HG-U133 plus 2.0 arrays and Affymetrix Human Gene 1.0 ST arrays were used for both blood and adipose transcriptome analysis. Purity, quality, and quantity of RNA were high with comparable results using both array platforms...
- EGF receptor signaling blocks aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated transcription and cell differentiation in human epidermal keratinocytesCarrie Hayes Sutter
Department of Biology and W Harry Feinstone Center for Genomic Research, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN 38152 3560, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:4266-71. 2009..This signaling may modulate the incidence and severity of chloracne and be of therapeutic relevance to human poisonings by dioxin...
- Epithelial to mesenchymal transition in human breast epithelial cells transformed by 17beta-estradiolYong Huang
W Harry Feinstone Center for Genomic Research, University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Cancer Res 67:11147-57. 2007..The phenotypic and genomic changes triggered by estrogen exposure that lead normal cells to tumorigenesis confirm the role of this steroid hormone in cancer initiation...
- Uncertainties related to the assignment of a toxic equivalency factor for 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9-octachlorodibenzo-p-dioxinCarrie Hayes Sutter
W Harry Feinstone Center for Genomic Research, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN, USA
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 44:219-25. 2006....
- Combined treatment with sodium butyrate and PD153035 enhances keratinocyte differentiationSandra Leon Carrion
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN, USA
Exp Dermatol 23:211-4. 2014..These results indicate that the combined use of a differentiation-promoting agent and an EGFR inhibitor may offer an additional approach to the management of hyperproliferative skin diseases. ..
- Regioselective 2-hydroxylation of 17beta-estradiol by rat cytochrome P4501B1Mostafizur Rahman
W Harry Feinstone Center for Genomic Research, Department of Chemistry, The University of Memphis, Memphis, TN 38152, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 216:469-78. 2006..01 and 0.02 microM, respectively. The knowledge gained from this study will support the rational design of CYP1B1 inhibitors and clarify results of CYP1B1 related carcinogenesis studies performed in rats...
- Identification of novel transcriptional networks in response to treatment with the anticarcinogen 3H-1,2-dithiole-3-thioneYong Huang
W Harry Feinstone Center for Genomic Research, University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee 38152, USA
Physiol Genomics 24:144-53. 2006..000331) pathways. These findings showed a profound impact of D3T on lipid metabolism and anti-inflammatory/immune-suppressive response, indicating a broader cytoprotective effect of this compound than previously expected...
- How replicable are mRNA expression QTL?Jeremy L Peirce
Center for Neuroscience, Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Mamm Genome 17:643-56. 2006..Finally, we note that while trans-acting QTL do not replicate well between data sets in general, at least one cluster of trans-acting QTL on distal Chr 1 is notably preserved between data sets...
- Evaluation of the cancer chemopreventive potency of dithiolethione analogs of oltiprazB D Roebuck
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Carcinogenesis 24:1919-28. 2003..While efficacy in humans has yet to be tested, D3T is clearly more potent than oltipraz and serves as a useful molecular probe for determining the key events associated with protection by this class of agents...
- Potent protection against aflatoxin-induced tumorigenesis through induction of Nrf2-regulated pathways by the triterpenoid 1-[2-cyano-3-,12-dioxooleana-1,9(11)-dien-28-oyl]imidazoleMelinda S Yates
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Cancer Res 66:2488-94. 2006..The unparalleled potency of CDDO-Im in vivo highlights the chemopreventive promise of targeting Nrf2 pathways with triterpenoids...
- Toxicogenomic analysis of gender, chemical, and dose effects in livers of TCDD- or aroclor 1254-exposed rats using a multifactor linear modelJay B Silkworth
General Electric Company, Global Research Center, Environmental Technology Laboratory, One Research Circle, Niskayuna, New York 12309, USA
Toxicol Sci 102:291-309. 2008..This study extends the findings of previous rodent bioassays by identifying groups of genes, other than the well-characterized AHR response genes, whose disruption may be important in the tumorigenic mechanism in this rat strain...
- Microarray analysis reveals distinctive signaling between the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis, nucleus accumbens, and dorsal striatumChristopher M Olsen
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 0615, USA
Physiol Genomics 32:283-98. 2008..Furthermore, these studies provide a framework for future mouse-mouse comparisons of transcriptional profiles after behavioral/pharmacological manipulation...