R A Suri
Affiliation: University of California
- Efficacy and response time to sertraline versus fluoxetine in the treatment of unipolar major depressive disorderR A Suri
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California at Los Angeles, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 61:942-6. 2000..Few studies have compared the treatment efficacy of the 2 selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors sertraline and fluoxetine...
- Saliva estriol levels in women with and without prenatal antidepressant treatmentRita Suri
Mood Disorders Research Program, Department of Psychiatry, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Biol Psychiatry 64:533-7. 2008..This study measured saliva levels of estriol, a hormone that increases exponentially in the few weeks before spontaneous labor, in pregnant women with and without antidepressant treatment...
- Effects of antenatal depression and antidepressant treatment on gestational age at birth and risk of preterm birthRita Suri
Mood Disorders Research Program, Department of Psychiatry, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:1206-13. 2007..The authors evaluated the effects of prenatal antidepressant exposure and maternal depression on infant gestational age at birth and risk of preterm birth...
- A prospective, naturalistic, blinded study of early neurobehavioral outcomes for infants following prenatal antidepressant exposureRita Suri
Department of Psychiatry, UCLA Mood Disorders Research Program, 300 Medical Plaza, Ste 1544, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 72:1002-7. 2011..This study examined the potential effects of antidepressant exposure in pregnancy on early infant neurobehavioral outcomes...
- Birth outcomes after prenatal exposure to antidepressant medicationVictoria Hendrick
UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute and Hospital, Los Angeles, Calif, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:812-5. 2003..The purpose of this study was to examine prospectively the incidence of congenital anomalies and neonatal complications after prenatal exposure to antidepressant medication...
- Bupropion-sustained release as a treatment for SSRI-induced sexual side effectsMichael J Gitlin
Department of Psychiatry, University of California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Sex Marital Ther 28:131-8. 2002..When prescribed in an open fashion, bupropion SR appeared to be effective in treating all the major categories of sexual side effects...
- The Pregnancy Depression Scale (PDS): a screening tool for depression in pregnancyLori L Altshuler
Mood Disorders Research Program, Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, PO Box 957057, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7057, USA
Arch Womens Ment Health 11:277-85. 2008..We present a well-validated, brief scale to screen pregnant women for clinical depression. Whether this study will generalize to women who do not have a history of major depression remains to be studied...
- Peripheral thyroid hormones and response to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitorsMichael Gitlin
Department of Psychiatry, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Psychiatry Neurosci 29:383-6. 2004..To examine the relation between baseline measurements of thyroid function and response to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and to consider the effect of these antidepressants on thyroid hormone levels...
- Relapse of major depression during pregnancy in women who maintain or discontinue antidepressant treatmentLee S Cohen
Perinatal and Reproductive Psychiatry Clinical Research Program, Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02114, USA
JAMA 295:499-507. 2006..However, systematic delineation of risk of relapse in women who maintain or discontinue pharmacological treatment during pregnancy is necessary...
- Estimates of nursing infant daily dose of fluoxetine through breast milkRita Suri
UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute and Hospital, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Biol Psychiatry 52:446-51. 2002..This study compared three methods of estimating the daily dose of fluoxetine to nursing infants and the relationship between these estimates and infant serum concentrations...
- Depression and the decision to abortRita Suri
Am J Psychiatry 161:1502. 2004
- DEPRESSION, HPA AXIS ACTIVITY, AND NEONATAL OUTCOMERita Suri; Fiscal Year: 2004..This research and career development plan will provide a foundation for future independent investigation regarding the management of psychiatric disorders during pregnancy. ..