Roger L Sur
Affiliation: University of California
- History of evidence-based medicineRoger L Sur
Division of Urology, UC San Diego Health Sciences 200 West Arbor Drive 8897 San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Indian J Urol 27:487-9. 2011....
- Impact of statins on nephrolithiasis in hyperlipidemic patients: a 10-year review of an equal access health care systemRoger L Sur
Department of Surgery, UC San Diego Health System, Division of Urology, San Diego, CA 92103 8897, USA
Clin Nephrol 79:351-5. 2013..To investigate the impact of statin medications on urinary stone formation in hyperlipidemic patients...
- Prevalence of nephrolithiasis in human immunodeficiency virus infected patients on the highly active antiretroviral therapyOmer A Raheem
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of California San Diego Health Care System, San Diego, California 92103, USA
J Endourol 26:1095-8. 2012..We sought to describe the prevalence of nephrolithiasis in the HIV population since the use of HAART...
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy use is increasing in the United States: an analysis of trends and complicationsHossein S Mirheydar
Department of Surgery, University of California San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, California, USA
J Endourol 27:979-83. 2013..To report the use and complication rates of percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL) performed in the United States between 1998 and 2009...
- Accuracy of endoscopic intraoperative assessment of urologic stone sizeNishant Patel
1 Department of Urology, UC San Diego Health System, San Diego, California
J Endourol 28:582-6. 2014..We therefore sought to determine the accuracy of endoscopic assessment of renal calculi size...
- Solubility of ammonium acid urate nephroliths from bottlenose dolphins (Tursiops truncatus)Sulabha Argade
Department of Urology, University of California San Diego Health System, San Diego, California 92103 8897, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 44:853-8. 2013..Better understanding of the pathophysiology of AAU nephrolithiasis in dolphins is needed to optimize kidney stone prevention and treatment...
- Occupational hazard: radiation exposure for the urologist--developing a reference standardSeth A Cohen
Department of Surgery and Division of Urology, U C San Diego Health Science System, San Diego, CA, USA
Int Braz J Urol 39:209-13. 2013..This study examines the cumulative radiation exposure of an urologist over 9 months...
- Trends in the surgical management of localized renal masses: thermal ablation, partial and radical nephrectomy in the USA, 1998-2008Jeffrey M Woldrich
Division of Urology, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA 92093 0987, USA
BJU Int 111:1261-8. 2013..To evaluate the diffusion of nephron-sparing modalities (NSM) for the treatment of renal neoplasms in the USA over the last decade and to identify the factors associated with renal procedure selection...
- Treatment of ureteral calculus obstruction with laser lithotripsy in an Atlantic bottlenose dolphin (Tursiops truncatus)Todd L Schmitt
Veterinary Services Department, SeaWorld San Diego, San Diego, California 92109, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 43:101-9. 2012..Renal function normalized over the next several days, and the dolphin recovered over the next 2 mo...
- The relationship of obesity and gender prevalence changes in United States inpatient nephrolithiasisSepehr Nowfar
University of California, San Diego Medical Center, Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, San Diego, CA 92103 8897, USA
Urology 78:1029-33. 2011..To review the Nationwide Inpatient Sample database to examine the relationships between obesity, gender, and nephrolithiasis. Recent reports indicate that the prevalence of nephrolithiasis has been increasing, especially among women...