Affiliation: University of California
- Wnt5 signaling in vertebrate pancreas developmentHyon J Kim
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology, and Development, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
BMC Biol 3:23. 2005..Signaling by the Wnt family of secreted glycoproteins through their receptors, the frizzled (Fz) family of seven-pass transmembrane proteins, is critical for numerous cell fate and tissue polarity decisions during development...
- Zebrafish chaperone protein GP96 is required for otolith formation during ear developmentSaulius Sumanas
Discovery Genomics, Inc, 614 McKinley PI NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413, USA
Dev Biol 261:443-55. 2003..We conclude that the GP96 chaperone protein is involved in the otolith formation during normal ear development. This is the first report of a specific function during organism development being attributed to a chaperone class molecule...
- Morpholino phosphorodiamidate oligonucleotides in zebrafish: a recipe for functional genomics?Saulius Sumanas
Discovery Genomics, Inc, USA
Brief Funct Genomic Proteomic 1:239-56. 2002..The essential controls that are required to avoid misinterpretation of experimental data when using MPOs for gene function analysis will also be described...
- Lateral line, nervous system, and maternal expression of Frizzled 7a during zebrafish embryogenesisSaulius Sumanas
Department of Genetics, Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Mech Dev 115:107-11. 2002..00cR, LOD score 14.1). To prove that fz7 and fz7a are indeed different genes we mapped fz7 as well using the same LN54 panel. Fz7 mapped to linkage group 9 with a LOD of 12.5, 27.31 cR from wnt 10a in between markers IBD2759 and fb50e04...
- 15-zinc finger protein Bloody Fingers is required for zebrafish morphogenetic movements during neurulationSaulius Sumanas
University of California, Los Angeles, Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, CA 90095, USA
Dev Biol 283:85-96. 2005..We conclude that blf plays an important role in regulating morphogenetic movements during gastrulation and neurulation while its role in hematopoiesis may be redundant...
- Identification of novel vascular endothelial-specific genes by the microarray analysis of the zebrafish cloche mutantsSaulius Sumanas
Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, 621 C Young Dr South, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Blood 106:534-41. 2005..Further functional studies of these novel genes should help to elucidate critical early steps leading to the formation of vertebrate blood vessels...
- Genetic analysis of early endocrine pancreas formation in zebrafishHyon J Kim
Department of Molecular Cellular and Developmental Biology University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Mol Endocrinol 20:194-203. 2006..Further study on these mutants will reveal important information on novel genes involved in pancreatic islet cell specification and morphogenesis...
- Ets1-related protein is a key regulator of vasculogenesis in zebrafishSaulius Sumanas
Department of Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
PLoS Biol 4:e10. 2006..These results demonstrate that Etsrp is necessary and sufficient for the initiation of vasculogenesis...
- Interplay among Etsrp/ER71, Scl, and Alk8 signaling controls endothelial and myeloid cell formationSaulius Sumanas
Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Blood 111:4500-10. 2008..We further demonstrate that the choice of endothelial versus myeloid fate depends on a combinatorial effect of etsrp, scl, and alk8 genes...