Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Molecular subtypes of osteosarcoma identified by reducing tumor heterogeneity through an interspecies comparative approachMilcah C Scott
Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 5545, USA
Bone 49:356-67. 2011..This in turn may enhance prognosis and prediction, and identify relevant therapeutic targets...
- MicroRNA-708 regulates CD38 expression through signaling pathways JNK MAP kinase and PTEN/AKT in human airway smooth muscle cellsMythili Dileepan
Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, 1971 Commonwealth Avenue, St, Paul 55108, MN, USA
Respir Res 15:107. 2014..We investigated miR-708 expression, its regulation of CD38 expression and the underlying mechanisms involved in such regulation in human ASM cells...
- Competing endogenous RNA databaseAaron L Sarver
Masonic Cancer Center
Bioinformation 8:731-3. 2012..AVAILABILITY: http://www.oncomir.umn.edu/cefinder/..
- MicroRNA-mediated gene regulations in human sarcomasSubbaya Subramanian
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, 11 212 Moos Tower Mail Code MMC 195, 515 Delaware St, S E, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 69:3571-85. 2012..In this review, we will discuss the current knowledge of miRNA-gene regulatory networks in various sarcoma types and give a perspective of the complex multilayer miRNA-mediated gene regulation in sarcomas...
- MicroRNAs as gatekeepers of apoptosisSubbaya Subramanian
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Cell Physiol 223:289-98. 2010..Many of these apoptotic genes, irrespective of their positive or negative functional role in apoptosis, are regulated by miRNAs. In this review, we discuss the emerging role of miRNA-mediated gene networks in the control of apoptosis...
- Genome-wide transcriptome analyses reveal p53 inactivation mediated loss of miR-34a expression in malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumoursSubbaya Subramanian
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
J Pathol 220:58-70. 2010..Collectively, our findings suggest that deregulation of miRNAs has a potential role in the malignant transformation process in peripheral nerve sheath tumours...
- Triptolide induces the expression of miR-142-3p: a negative regulator of heat shock protein 70 and pancreatic cancer cell proliferationTiffany N Mackenzie
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota, MMC 195, 420 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 12:1266-75. 2013..This is the first description of an miRNA-mediated mechanism of HSP70 regulation in cancer, making miR-142-3p an attractive target for PDAC therapeutic intervention...
- MicroRNAs at the human 14q32 locus have prognostic significance in osteosarcomaAaron L Sarver
Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Orphanet J Rare Dis 8:7. 2013..We showed previously that clusters of miRNAs at the 14q32 locus are downregulated in human osteosarcoma...
- Perturbation of 14q32 miRNAs-cMYC gene network in osteosarcomaVenugopal Thayanithy
Division of Basic and Translational Research, Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, USA
Bone 50:171-81. 2012..Together, our data support a model where the deregulation of a network involving 14q32 miRNAs, cMYC and miR-17-92 miRNAs could contribute to osteosarcoma pathogenesis...
- Combinatorial treatment of DNA and chromatin-modifying drugs cause cell death in human and canine osteosarcoma cell linesVenugopal Thayanithy
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e43720. 2012..These results suggested that the combination of these chromatin-modifying drugs may be a useful adjuvant in the treatment of rapidly progressive OS...
- Human colon cancer profiles show differential microRNA expression depending on mismatch repair status and are characteristic of undifferentiated proliferative statesAaron L Sarver
Biostatistics and Informatics, Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
BMC Cancer 9:401. 2009..Differential miRNA expression in cancer versus normal tissue is a common event and may be pivotal for tumor onset and progression...
- Dose-dependent differential mRNA target selection and regulation by let-7a-7f and miR-17-92 cluster microRNAsJingmin Shu
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN, USA
RNA Biol 9:1275-87. 2012....
- S-MED: sarcoma microRNA expression databaseAaron L Sarver
Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Lab Invest 90:753-61. 2010..This comprehensive database is the first of its kind specifically devoted to miRNA expression patterns in sarcomas is available through the URL link http://www.oncomir.umn.edu/...
- Downregulation of microRNAs miR-1, -206 and -29 stabilizes PAX3 and CCND2 expression in rhabdomyosarcomaLihua Li
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Lab Invest 92:571-83. 2012..Taken together our data suggest that the RMS state is stabilized by the deregulation of multiple miRNAs and their target genes, supporting a tumor suppressor role for these miRNA...
- MicroRNA miR-183 functions as an oncogene by targeting the transcription factor EGR1 and promoting tumor cell migrationAaron L Sarver
Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Cancer Res 70:9570-80. 2010..miR-183 has a potential oncogenic role through the regulation of 2 tumor suppressor genes, EGR1 and PTEN, and the deregulation of this fundamental miRNA regulatory network may be central to many tumor types...
- Mature microRNAs identified in highly purified nuclei from HCT116 colon cancer cellsChang Won Park
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN, USA
RNA Biol 7:606-14. 2010..These results will likely provide a basis for further studies concerning the intracellular trafficking and nuclear location of miRNAs...
- Regulation of heme oxygenase-1 protein expression by miR-377 in combination with miR-217Joan D Beckman
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Oncology, and Transplantation, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Biol Chem 286:3194-202. 2011..In summary, these data suggests that the combination of miR-377 and miR-217 help regulate HO-1 protein expression in the presence of hemin...
- Genome-wide transcriptional profiling reveals microRNA-correlated genes and biological processes in human lymphoblastoid cell linesLiang Wang
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e5878. 2009..However, past studies have focused on the miRNA target genes and used loss- or gain-of-function approach that may not reflect natural association between miRNA and mRNAs...
- Pancreatic cancer: modulation of KRAS, MicroRNAs, and intercellular communication in the setting of tumor heterogeneityEmil Lou
From the Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation, Departmentof Medicine Department of Surgery and Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Pancreas 42:1218-26. 2013....
- Minnelide reduces tumor burden in preclinical models of osteosarcomaSulagna Banerjee
Division of Basic and Translational Research, Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, United States
Cancer Lett 335:412-20. 2013..Triptolide/Minnelide effectively downregulated the levels of pro-survival proteins such as heat shock proteins, cMYC, survivin and targets the NF-κB pathway...
- MicroRNAs in cardiovascular diseases: biology and potential clinical applicationsReena V Kartha
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Cardiovasc Transl Res 3:256-70. 2010..In this review we will summarize the role played by miRNAs in the heart and discuss the scope of utilizing miRNA-based strategies in the clinics for the benefit of mankind...
- Genomewide microRNA down-regulation as a negative feedback mechanism in the early phases of liver regenerationJingmin Shu
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Hepatology 54:609-19. 2011....
- Tumor exosomes induce tunneling nanotubes in lipid raft-enriched regions of human mesothelioma cellsVenugopal Thayanithy
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Exp Cell Res 323:178-88. 2014..Our findings provide supportive evidence of exosomes as potential chemotactic stimuli for TnT formation, and also lipid raft formation as a potential biomarker for TnT-forming cells...