Affiliation: University of California
- Hydroxy alkenal phospholipids regulate inflammatory functions of endothelial cellsGanesamoorthy Subbanagounder
Department of Medicine Cardiology, Center for the Health Sciences, Room 47 123, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1679, USA
Vascul Pharmacol 38:201-9. 2002..These studies demonstrate the importance of HOOA-PC as a new potential proinflammatory molecule that regulates leukocyte-endothelial interactions...
- Epoxyisoprostane and epoxycyclopentenone phospholipids regulate monocyte chemotactic protein-1 and interleukin-8 synthesis. Formation of these oxidized phospholipids in response to interleukin-1betaGanesamoorthy Subbanagounder
Department of Medicine, Center for the Health Sciences, Rm 47 123, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1679, USA
J Biol Chem 277:7271-81. 2002..Their accumulation in cells exposed to cytokines and in atherosclerotic lesions suggests that these lipids may play a role in a number of chronic disease processes...
- Determinants of bioactivity of oxidized phospholipids. Specific oxidized fatty acyl groups at the sn-2 positionG Subbanagounder
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 20:2248-54. 2000....
- Structural identification by mass spectrometry of oxidized phospholipids in minimally oxidized low density lipoprotein that induce monocyte/endothelial interactions and evidence for their presence in vivoA D Watson
Department of Medicine, Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 1679, USA
J Biol Chem 272:13597-607. 1997..Overall, these studies suggest that specific oxidized derivatives of arachidonic acid-containing phospholipids may be important initiators of atherogenesis...
- Structural identification of a novel pro-inflammatory epoxyisoprostane phospholipid in mildly oxidized low density lipoproteinA D Watson
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 274:24787-98. 1999..The identification of this molecule adds epoxyisoprostanes to the growing list of biologically active isoprostanes...
- A cell-free assay for detecting HDL that is dysfunctional in preventing the formation of or inactivating oxidized phospholipidsM Navab
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Lipid Res 42:1308-17. 2001....
- HDL and the inflammatory response induced by LDL-derived oxidized phospholipidsM Navab
Department of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1736, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 21:481-8. 2001..It is proposed that LDL-derived oxidized phospholipids and HDL may be part of a system of nonspecific innate immunity and that the detection of proinflammatory HDL may be a useful marker of susceptibility to atherosclerosis...
- Evidence that phospholipid oxidation products and/or platelet-activating factor play an important role in early atherogenesis : in vitro and In vivo inhibition by WEB 2086G Subbanagounder
Departments of Medicine Cardiology, Pathology, and Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences and the Neuropsychiatric Institute K F F, University of California, Los Angeles, Calif, USA
Circ Res 85:311-8. 1999....
- Monoclonal autoantibodies specific for oxidized phospholipids or oxidized phospholipid-protein adducts inhibit macrophage uptake of oxidized low-density lipoproteinsS Horkko
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0682
J Clin Invest 103:117-28. 1999....
- Evidence for a role of phospholipid oxidation products in atherogenesisJ A Berliner
Departments of Medicine and Pathology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Trends Cardiovasc Med 11:142-7. 2001..The mechanism by which these phospholipid oxidation products activate cells has revealed the presence of several different receptors and signal transduction pathways...
- Combined serum paraoxonase knockout/apolipoprotein E knockout mice exhibit increased lipoprotein oxidation and atherosclerosisD M Shih
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 275:17527-35. 2000..These data demonstrate that PON1 deficiency promotes LDL oxidation and atherogenesis in apoE KO mice...
- Oxidized phospholipid-induced endothelial cell/monocyte interaction is mediated by a cAMP-dependent R-Ras/PI3-kinase pathwayAmy L Cole
David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Calif, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:1384-90. 2003..The present studies identify important signal transduction components regulating this pathway...
- Specific phospholipid oxidation products inhibit ligand activation of toll-like receptors 4 and 2Kimberly A Walton
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1732, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:1197-203. 2003..The current studies identify specific phospholipids that inhibit chemokine induction by Toll-like receptor-4 (TLR4) and -2 (TLR2) ligands inECs and macrophages...
- Apoptotic cells with oxidation-specific epitopes are immunogenic and proinflammatoryMi Kyung Chang
Division of Endocrinology, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Exp Med 200:1359-70. 2004..These results suggest that apoptotic cell death generates oxidatively modified moieties, which can induce autoimmune responses and a local inflammatory response by recruiting monocytes via monocyte-endothelial cell interaction...
- Altered activities of anti-atherogenic enzymes LCAT, paraoxonase, and platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase in atherosclerosis-susceptible miceTrudy M Forte
Life Sciences Division MS 1 222, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
J Lipid Res 43:477-85. 2002..We conclude that impairment of LCAT activity and accumulation of oxidized phospholipids are part of an early atherogenic phenotype in these models...