Lyndon D Su
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Interstitial mycosis fungoides, a variant of mycosis fungoides resembling granuloma annulare and inflammatory morpheaLyndon D Su
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Cutan Pathol 29:135-41. 2002..Interstitial mycosis fungoides (IMF) is a rare variant of mycosis fungoides that resembles the interstitial form of granuloma annulare and inflammatory morphea. IMF has received little attention in the literature...
- Desmoplastic and neurotropic melanomaLyndon D Su
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan48109 0602, USA
Cancer 100:598-604. 2004..The value of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) has not been demonstrated clearly for patients with DNMM. The authors report on the utility of SLNB in the management of patients with DNMM...
- CD117 (KIT receptor) expression in Merkel cell carcinomaLyndon D Su
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5224, U S A
Am J Dermatopathol 24:289-93. 2002..While the function of the KIT receptor in MCC is not known, its pathogenic role in other malignant neoplasms suggests the possibility of a similar role in MCC...
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy for patients with problematic spitzoid melanocytic lesions: a report on 18 patientsLyndon D Su
Department of Pathology and Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0602, USA
Cancer 97:499-507. 2003..There are reports of such lesions metastasizing to regional lymph nodes, with a few widely disseminating, resulting in death...
- BRAF and NRAS mutations in spitzoid melanocytic lesionsDouglas R Fullen
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0602, USA
Mod Pathol 19:1324-32. 2006..Therefore, the BRAF mutational status does not separate all Spitz nevi from spitzoid melanomas and non-Spitz types of melanocytic proliferations, contrary to previous reports...
- Anti-oncogenic role of the endoplasmic reticulum differentially activated by mutations in the MAPK pathwayChristophe Denoyelle
Department of Dermatology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan, 1500E Medical Center Drive, 4217 CCGC, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Nat Cell Biol 8:1053-63. 2006..These results argue against premature senescence as a converging mechanism of response to activating oncogenes and support a direct role of the ER as a gatekeeper of tumour control...
- Lymphatic mapping and sentinel lymph node biopsy in the detection of early metastasis from sweat gland carcinomaPaul N Bogner
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-0602, USA
Cancer 97:2285-9. 2003..Further studies are necessary to determine whether this procedure results in a survival benefit in patients with sweat gland carcinomas...
- Expression of polycomb group protein EZH2 in nevi and melanomaJonathan B McHugh
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan, 1301 Catherine Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Cutan Pathol 34:597-600. 2007..We sought to determine the pattern of EZH2 expression in benign and malignant melanocytic tumors to see if EZH2 might play a role in melanoma pathogenesis and progression...
- Immunostaining for cytokeratin 20 improves detection of micrometastatic Merkel cell carcinoma in sentinel lymph nodesLyndon D Su
Department of Pathology, The University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 46:661-6. 2002..We observed the greatest sensitivity and specificity with anti-CK-20 antibody in identifying micrometastatic MCC in sentinel lymph nodes...
- hTERT expression in melanocytic lesions: an immunohistochemical study on paraffin-embedded tissueDouglas R Fullen
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical Center, 1301 Catherine, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0602, USA
J Cutan Pathol 32:680-4. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate human telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT) staining in melanocytic lesions on paraffin-embedded tissues...
- Cluster designation 5 staining of normal and non-lymphoid neoplastic skinPaul N Bogner
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0602, USA
J Cutan Pathol 32:50-4. 2005....
- Telomerase expression in sebaceous lesions of the skinStephen H Olsen
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0602, USA
J Cutan Pathol 34:386-91. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate telomerase expression via human telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT) immunohistochemical staining in a spectrum of sebaceous lesions of the skin...
- Vascular expression of matrix metalloproteinase-13 (collagenase-3) in basal cell carcinomaYukari Hattori
Department of Pathology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Exp Mol Pathol 74:230-7. 2003..These data indicate that endothelial cells in the skin are a source of MMP-13 and that enzyme expression is upregulated under conditions that promote endothelial cell growth and vascular differentiation...
- Nephrogenic fibrosing dermopathy: a novel cutaneous fibrosing disorder in patients with renal failureRichard D Swartz
Division of Nephrology, University of Michigan Health Systems, Ann Arbor 48109 0364, USA
Am J Med 114:563-72. 2003..Presently, there is no effective treatment, and the condition persists in most patients...
- Cutaneous Richter syndrome: report of 3 cases from one institutionLimin Yu
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 67:e187-93. 2012..Here, we present 3 cases of cutaneous RS from our institution with a follow-up period of up to 8 years...
- Mycobacterium marinum infection simulating interstitial granuloma annulare: a report of two casesKeira L Barr
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 25:148-51. 2003..marinum. In both immunocompetent and immunosuppressed patients, infection with M. marinum should be considered in lesions histologically resembling interstitial GA, particularly when there is clinical suspicion for an infectious process...
- Antibody to S100a6 protein is a sensitive immunohistochemical marker for neurothekeomaDouglas R Fullen
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, Michigan, MI 48109 0602, USA
J Cutan Pathol 30:118-22. 2003..Histologically, CNT can be confused with melanocytic and fibrohistiocytic lesions. An immunohistochemical antibody panel is often necessary to confirm the histological impression and exclude melanocytic and/or fibrohistiocytic lesions...
- Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis: a report of 29 casesWael M Shabana
Department of Radiology, University of Michigan Hospitals, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Room B1D502G, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0030, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 190:736-41. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine the incidence of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis and its relation to renal failure and the administration of gadolinium-based contrast material at an academic medical center...
- Acral and ear papules and arthritisAnastasia Petro
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Arch Dermatol 139:657-62. 2003