Molly M Sturman
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Effects of subthalamic nucleus stimulation and medication on resting and postural tremor in Parkinson's diseaseMolly M Sturman
Department of Movement Sciences M C 994, College of Applied Health Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, 808 S Wood Street, 690 CME, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Brain 127:2131-43. 2004..The findings suggest that neural activity in the STN is an important modulator of the neural network(s) responsible for both resting and postural tremor genesis in Parkinson's disease...
- Effects of aging on the regularity of physiological tremorMolly M Sturman
Department of Movement Sciences M C 994 University of Illinois at Chicago, 808 South Wood, 690 CMET, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Neurophysiol 93:3064-74. 2005....
- Deep brain stimulation and medication for parkinsonian tremor during secondary tasksMolly M Sturman
Department of Movement Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Mov Disord 22:1157-63. 2007..These findings demonstrate that STN DBS still suppresses tremor in the presence of a cognitive task. Furthermore, a secondary motor task of the opposite limb suppresses tremor to levels comparable to STN DBS...
- Effect of short and long term STN stimulation periods on parkinsonian signsMolly M Sturman
Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Mov Disord 23:866-74. 2008..As such, it is reasonable to evaluate the effect of DBS after 90 min of stimulation in clinical trials and research studies...
- Effects of five years of chronic STN stimulation on muscle strength and movement speedMolly M Sturman
Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1919 West Taylor Street, 650 AHSB, M C 994, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Exp Brain Res 205:435-43. 2010..The current findings suggest that 5 years of chronic STN DBS can have beneficial effects on the motor system over the long term in discrete motor tasks in which maximal effort and maximal neural output is required...
- Effects of deep brain stimulation and medication on strength, bradykinesia, and electromyographic patterns of the ankle joint in Parkinson's diseaseDavid E Vaillancourt
Department of Movement Science, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Mov Disord 21:50-8. 2006..The findings are the first to demonstrate that STN DBS and medication increase strength and movement velocity at the ankle joint...
- Effects of STN DBS on rigidity in Parkinson's diseaseMark B Shapiro
University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng 15:173-81. 2007..Our results suggest that STN DBS may be more effective in alleviating rigidity in the upper limb of PD patients than medications administered at presurgery dosage level...