Jonah J Stulberg
Affiliation: University Hospitals Case Medical Center
- Emergency laparoscopic colectomy: does it measure up to open?Jonah J Stulberg
Department of Surgery, Division of Colorectal Surgery, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH 44106 5047, USA
Am J Surg 197:296-301. 2009..Laparoscopic colectomy has become the standard of care for elective resections; however, there are few data regarding laparoscopy in the emergency setting...
- The feasibility of laparoscopic colectomy in urgent and emergent settingsBrad Champagne
Division of Colorectal Surgery, Institute for Surgery and Innovation, University Hospitals, Case Medical Center, 11100 Euclid Avenue, LKS 7, MS 5047, Cleveland, OH 44106 5047, USA
Surg Endosc 23:1791-6. 2009..However, the use of LC in the emergency setting is relatively unstudied. The authors describe their experience with a series of emergent and urgent LC cases for a variety of colorectal pathologies...
- Tract length predicts successful closure with anal fistula plug in cryptoglandular fistulasMichael F McGee
Department of Surgery, Division of Colorectal Surgery, University Hospitals of Cleveland Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 53:1116-20. 2010..Collagen anal fistula plug treatment of transsphincteric fistulas produces variable results. The purpose of our study was to determine whether long-tract fistulas (>4 cm) correlated with successful closure...
- Pharmacological management of postoperative ileusFarhad Zeinali
Department of Surgery, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 5047, USA
Can J Surg 52:153-7. 2009..In this review, we define postoperative ileus, describe the pathogenesis and briefly discuss clinical management before detailing potential pharmacologic management options...
- Process control to measure process improvement in colorectal surgery: modifications to an established enhanced recovery pathwayDeborah S Keller
1Division of Colorectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 2Department of Surgery, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio
Dis Colon Rectum 57:194-200. 2014..7 days postoperatively. We wondered if adding a transverse abdominus plane block and intravenous acetaminophen to an established pathway would improve outcomes and resource use...
- Adherence to surgical care improvement project measures and the association with postoperative infectionsJonah J Stulberg
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
JAMA 303:2479-85. 2010..However, an association between SCIP performance and clinical outcomes has not been demonstrated...