A M Stroup
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Familial effects of BRCA1 genetic mutation testing: changes in perceived family functioningAntoinette M Stroup
Utah Cancer Registry, Suite 106B, 650 Komas Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:135-41. 2007..In fact, it is other life circumstances that exist at the time of the genetic testing process that seem to influence the degree to which families adjust to the experience and test results...
- Examining the challenges of family recruitment to behavioral intervention trials: factors associated with participation and enrollment in a multi-state colonoscopy intervention trialRebecca G Simmons
Huntsman Cancer Institute, 2000 Circle of Hope, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Trials 14:116. 2013..Furthermore, although use of cancer registries to identify initial cases has increased, to our knowledge no study has examined the relationship between registries and family recruitment outcomes...
- Longitudinal, population-based study of racial/ethnic differences in colorectal cancer survival: impact of neighborhood socioeconomic status, treatment and comorbidityScarlett Lin Gomez
Northern California Cancer Center, Fremont, California, USA
BMC Cancer 7:193. 2007..Colorectal cancer, if detected early, has greater than 90% 5-year survival. However, survival has been shown to vary across racial/ethnic groups in the United States, despite the availability of early detection methods...
- Demographic, clinical, and treatment trends among women diagnosed with vulvar cancer in the United StatesA M Stroup
University of Utah, Utah Cancer Registry, 650 Komas Drive, Suite 106B, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108, USA
Gynecol Oncol 108:577-83. 2008..Describe the treatment and survival patterns among a population-based sample of vulvar cancer patients diagnosed in the United States in 1999...
- Long-term mortality after gastric bypass surgeryTed D Adams
Cardiovascular Genetics Division, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
N Engl J Med 357:753-61. 2007....
- Cancer incidence and mortality after gastric bypass surgeryTed D Adams
Cardiovascular Genetics Division, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:796-802. 2009..These findings suggest gastric bypass results in lower cancer risk, presumably related to weight loss, supporting recommendations for reducing weight to lower cancer risk...
- Primary vaginal cancer and chemoradiotherapy: a patterns-of-care analysisAmol J Ghia
Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 21:378-84. 2011..We sought to describe the utilization rate of CRT and evaluate the potential survival benefit of CRT over radiotherapy alone in VC...