A M Stroup
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Familial effects of BRCA1 genetic mutation testing: changes in perceived family functioningAntoinette M Stroup
Utah Cancer Registry, Suite 106B, 650 Komas Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:135-41. 2007..In fact, it is other life circumstances that exist at the time of the genetic testing process that seem to influence the degree to which families adjust to the experience and test results...
- Long-term survival in young women: hazards and competing risks after thyroid cancerAntoinette M Stroup
Utah Cancer Registry, The University of Utah, 650 Komas Drive, Suite 106B, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
J Cancer Epidemiol 2012:641372. 2012..Conclusions. Age at diagnosis remains one of the strongest prognostic factors for thyroid cancer survival. More directed efforts to ensure effective care for comorbid conditions are needed to reduce mortality from other causes...
- Examining the challenges of family recruitment to behavioral intervention trials: factors associated with participation and enrollment in a multi-state colonoscopy intervention trialRebecca G Simmons
Huntsman Cancer Institute, 2000 Circle of Hope, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Trials 14:116. 2013..Furthermore, although use of cancer registries to identify initial cases has increased, to our knowledge no study has examined the relationship between registries and family recruitment outcomes...
- Longitudinal, population-based study of racial/ethnic differences in colorectal cancer survival: impact of neighborhood socioeconomic status, treatment and comorbidityScarlett Lin Gomez
Northern California Cancer Center, Fremont, California, USA
BMC Cancer 7:193. 2007..Colorectal cancer, if detected early, has greater than 90% 5-year survival. However, survival has been shown to vary across racial/ethnic groups in the United States, despite the availability of early detection methods...
- Demographic, clinical, and treatment trends among women diagnosed with vulvar cancer in the United StatesA M Stroup
University of Utah, Utah Cancer Registry, 650 Komas Drive, Suite 106B, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108, USA
Gynecol Oncol 108:577-83. 2008..Describe the treatment and survival patterns among a population-based sample of vulvar cancer patients diagnosed in the United States in 1999...
- Long-term mortality after gastric bypass surgeryTed D Adams
Cardiovascular Genetics Division, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
N Engl J Med 357:753-61. 2007....
- Cancer incidence and mortality after gastric bypass surgeryTed D Adams
Cardiovascular Genetics Division, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:796-802. 2009..These findings suggest gastric bypass results in lower cancer risk, presumably related to weight loss, supporting recommendations for reducing weight to lower cancer risk...
- Primary vaginal cancer and chemoradiotherapy: a patterns-of-care analysisAmol J Ghia
Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 21:378-84. 2011..We sought to describe the utilization rate of CRT and evaluate the potential survival benefit of CRT over radiotherapy alone in VC...