Christopher C Striemer
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Charge- and size-based separation of macromolecules using ultrathin silicon membranesChristopher C Striemer
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14627, USA
Nature 445:749-53. 2007....
- High-performance, low-voltage electroosmotic pumps with molecularly thin silicon nanomembranesJessica L Snyder
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:18425-30. 2013..5-mm-diameter capillary tubing with as low as 250 mV of applied voltage. This silicon-based platform enables straightforward integration of low-voltage, on-chip EOPs into portable microfluidic devices with low back pressures. ..
- High-performance separation of nanoparticles with ultrathin porous nanocrystalline silicon membranesThomas R Gaborski
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14627, United States
ACS Nano 4:6973-81. 2010..These performance characteristics, combined with scalable manufacturing, make pnc-Si filtration a straightforward solution to many nanoparticle and biological separation problems...
- Influence of silicon dioxide capping layers on pore characteristics in nanocrystalline silicon membranesChengzhu Qi
Materials Science Program, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627, USA Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37235, USA
Nanotechnology 26:055706. 2015..The decrease of the pore size and porosity is correlated with the increased roughness of the bottom oxide layer, which hinders nanocrystal nucleation and nanopore formation. ..
- Pore size control of ultrathin silicon membranes by rapid thermal carbonizationDavid Z Fang
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Box 270231, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14627, USA
Nano Lett 10:3904-8. 2010..Initial experiments show that carbonized membranes follow theoretical predictions for hydraulic permeability and retain the precise separation capabilities of untreated membranes...
- Highly porous silicon membranes fabricated from silicon nitride/silicon stacksChengzhu Qi
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, 37235, United States Materials Science Program, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, 14627, United States
Small 10:2946-53. 2014..It is hypothesized that this could result from the interfacial energy difference between the silicon/silicon nitride and silicon/silicon dioxide, which influences the Si crystallization process. ..
- Ultrathin silicon membranes for wearable dialysisDean G Johnson
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY Electronic address
Adv Chronic Kidney Dis 20:508-15. 2013..Finally, surface modifications with thin hydrophilic coatings are shown to block cell and protein adhesion. ..
- A structure-permeability relationship of ultrathin nanoporous silicon membrane: a comparison with the nuclear envelopeEunkyoung Kim
Department of Chemistry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
J Am Chem Soc 130:4230-1. 2008....
- A Rapid Label-free Sensor for Immune Markers of Environmental ExposureChristopher Striemer; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition to saving time and offering greater convenience these multiplex sensors will allow far more molecular data to be collected than is currently feasible. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..