W J Streit
Affiliation: University of Florida
- Microglia and macrophages in the developing CNSW J Streit
Department of Neuroscience, University of Florida College of Medicine and McKnight Brain Institute, Gainesville 32611, USA
Neurotoxicology 22:619-24. 2001..The study of reactive microgliosis may prove useful in the histopathological analysis of neurotoxicant-induced brain damage during development...
- Reactive microgliosisW J Streit
Department of Neuroscience, University of Florida College of Medicine and Brain Institute, Gainesville 32610, USA
Prog Neurobiol 57:563-81. 1999....
- Chemokines and Alzheimer's diseaseW J Streit
Department of Neuroscience, University of Florida College of Medicine and McKnight Brain Institute, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Neurobiol Aging 22:909-13. 2001..Understanding neuron-microglia interactions is essential for understanding AD pathogenesis, and disturbances in chemokine-mediated intercellular communication may contribute toward a generalized impairment of microglial cell function...
- Microglial response to brain injury: a brief synopsisW J Streit
Department of Neuroscience, University of Florida College of Medicine and Brain Institute, Gainesville 32610 0244, USA
Toxicol Pathol 28:28-30. 2000..Reactive microgliosis should be viewed as a cellular effort to initiate ameliorative and reparative measures in the injured brain...
- Comparative evaluation of cytokine profiles and reactive gliosis supports a critical role for interleukin-6 in neuron-glia signaling during regenerationW J Streit
Department of Neuroscience, University of Florida College of Medicine and Brain Institute, Gainesville 32611, Florida, USA
J Neurosci Res 61:10-20. 2000....
- Exposure to in utero irradiation produces disruption of radial glia in ratsS N Roper
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Florida and Gainesville VA Medical Center, 32610 0265, USA
Dev Neurosci 19:521-8. 1997..This suggests that disruption of radial glial fibers by gamma-irradiation is a major factor in the pathogenesis of cortical dysgenesis in this model...
- Interleukin-2 gene deletion produces a robust reduction in susceptibility to experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in C57BL/6 miceJ M Petitto
Department of Psychiatry, UF Brain Institute, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610 0256, USA
Neurosci Lett 285:66-70. 2000..These data demonstrate that vulnerability to EAE is markedly reduced in C57BL/6 mice lacking IL-2, and suggest that this cytokine may play a critical role in autoimmune processes of the central nervous system...
- Induction of manganese superoxide dismutase in acute spinal cord injuryJ N Earnhardt
Department of Neuroscience, University of Florida College of Medicine, Evelyn F and William L McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Neurotrauma 19:1065-79. 2002..In summary, these results demonstrate that this potent cytoprotective antioxidant enzyme is rapidly and significantly induced as a consequence of SCI...
- Characterization of the chicken GCAP gene array and analyses of GCAP1, GCAP2, and GC1 gene expression in normal and rd chicken pinealS L Semple-Rowland
University of Florida Brain Institute, Department of Neuroscience, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Mol Vis 5:14. 1999....
- Role for neuronally derived fractalkine in mediating interactions between neurons and CX3CR1-expressing microgliaJ K Harrison
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:10896-901. 1998..These data describe mechanisms of cellular communication between neurons and microglia, involving fractalkine and CX3CR1, which occur in both normal and pathological states of the central nervous system...
- Down-regulation of the macrophage lineage through interaction with OX2 (CD200)R M Hoek
DNAX Research Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, 901 California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Science 290:1768-71. 2000..Thus, in diverse tissues OX2 delivers an inhibitory signal for the macrophage lineage...