Ann P Streissguth
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Risk factors for adverse life outcomes in fetal alcohol syndrome and fetal alcohol effectsAnn P Streissguth
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Fetal Alcohol and Drug Unit, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 25:228-38. 2004..The odds of escaping these adverse life outcomes are increased 2- to 4-fold by receiving the diagnosis of FAS or FAE at an earlier age and by being reared in good stable environments...
- Binge drinking during pregnancy as a predictor of psychiatric disorders on the Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV in young adult offspringHelen M Barr
Fetal Alcohol and Drug Unit, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington Medical School, 180 Nickerson St, Suite 309, Seattle, WA 98109 1631, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:1061-5. 2006....
- Many infants prenatally exposed to high levels of alcohol show one particular anomaly of the corpus callosumFred L Bookstein
Fetal Alcohol and Drug Unit, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 31:868-79. 2007..The earlier they can be quantified, the better the prognosis for the affected child. Here we show measurable alcohol effects at birth on a structure currently used for nosology only much later in life...
- Alcohol use before and during pregnancy in western Washington, 1989-2004: implications for the prevention of fetal alcohol spectrum disordersTherese M Grant
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 200:278.e1-8. 2009..We examined trends in rates of self-reported pregnancy alcohol use among women in western Washington...
- Damage to the human cerebellum from prenatal alcohol exposure: the anatomy of a simple biometrical explanationFred L Bookstein
Fetal Alcohol and Drug Unit, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Box 359112, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Anat Rec B New Anat 289:195-209. 2006....
- Effects of prenatal alcohol exposure on fine motor coordination and balance: A study of two adult samplesPaul D Connor
University of Washington, Fetal Alcohol and Drug Unit, 180 Nickerson Street, Suite 309, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Neuropsychologia 44:744-51. 2006....
- Preliminary evidence that prenatal alcohol damage may be visible in averaged ultrasound images of the neonatal human corpus callosumFred L Bookstein
Fetal Alcohol and Drug Unit, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Alcohol 36:151-60. 2005....
- A 21-year longitudinal analysis of the effects of prenatal alcohol exposure on young adult drinkingJohn S Baer
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System and the University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 60:377-85. 2003..Prenatal alcohol exposure may be a risk factor for the development of alcohol problems in humans...
- Midline corpus callosum is a neuroanatomical focus of fetal alcohol damageFred L Bookstein
Institute of Gerontology, University of Michigan, 300 North Ingalls Building, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2007, USA
Anat Rec 269:162-74. 2002..The statistical pattern underlying the callosal diagnosis also leads to speculations on mechanisms of the prenatal damage...
- Corpus callosum shape and neuropsychological deficits in adult males with heavy fetal alcohol exposureFred L Bookstein
Institute of Gerontology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Neuroimage 15:233-51. 2002..Thus there is considerable information in callosal form for prognosis of neuropsychological deficits in this frequently encountered birth defect...
- Neuroanatomic/Psychologic Analyses of FAS/FAE DeficitsAnn Streissguth; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- NEUROANATOMIC-PSYCHOLOGIC ANALYSES OF FAS/FAE DEFICITSAnn Streissguth; Fiscal Year: 2000..Detecting neuroanatomic anomalies will permit proper identification and appropriate service delivery to these patients. ..