J E Streim
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Drug treatment of depression in frail elderly nursing home residentsJ E Streim
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 8:150-9. 2000....
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of aripiprazole for the treatment of psychosis in nursing home patients with Alzheimer diseaseJoel E Streim
Section on Geriatric Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 3309, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:537-50. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of aripiprazole treatment for psychotic symptoms associated with Alzheimer disease (AD)...
- Regulatory oversight, payment policy, and quality improvement in mental health care in nursing homesJoel E Streim
Section on Geriatric Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Psychiatr Serv 53:1414-8. 2002..These elements must be coordinated to promote humane treatment in nursing homes, including access to medically necessary psychiatric care...
- Heuristic comparison of sertraline with nortriptyline for the treatment of depression in frail elderly patientsD W Oslin
Section of Geriatric Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 8:141-9. 2000..There were no differences in the tolerability of sertraline vs. nortriptyline. However, in this group of frail older adults, sertraline was not as effective as nortriptyline for the treatment of depression...
- Effect of increasing the dose and duration of sertraline trial in the treatment of depressed nursing home residentsDaniel Weintraub
Section of Geriatric Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, and Philadelphia VA Medical Center, USA
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 16:109-11. 2003..Our findings suggest that an extended trial or high dosages of sertraline may benefit some depressed elderly patients with persistent depression after acute treatment...
- Pharmacologic treatment of depression in nursing home residents: a mental health services perspectiveCatherine J Datto
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, and the Philadelphia VA Medical Center, 19104, USA
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 15:141-6. 2002..Developing models to ensure quality of care will require focused mental health services research...
- The biopsycho-ecological paradigm: a foundational theory for medicineMargaret Grace Stineman
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, 904 Blockley Hall, 423 Guardian Dr, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6021, USA
PM R 2:1035-45. 2010....
- Probing the safety of medications in the frail elderly: evidence from a randomized clinical trial of sertraline and venlafaxine in depressed nursing home residentsDavid W Oslin
Section of Geriatric Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:875-82. 2003..The purpose of this study was to examine the efficacy and tolerability of venlafaxine and sertraline for the treatment of depression among nursing home residents...
- Using the minimum data set 2.0 mood disturbance items as a self-report screening instrument for depression in nursing home residentsKaty Ruckdeschel
University of Pennsylvania, Department of Psychiatry and Philadelphia VA Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 12:43-9. 2004..0 (MDS) Mood Disturbance items could be administered by self-report. They compared the MDS to the Geriatric Depression Scale (GDS) in terms of its association with depression diagnosis...
- Second-generation issues in the management of depression in nursing homesDaniel Weintraub
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:2100-1; author reply 2101. 2002
- DRUG TREATMENT OF DEPRESSION IN THE NURSING HOME AGEDJoel Streim; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..